Chick-fil-A is coming to Ankeny!

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
That's quite the score for Ankeny. The one is WDM is so close to my house I frequent it quite regularly.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Just an aside on Chick-fil-A...

The Chick-fil-A a mile from my house is one of the most profitable Chick-fil-A's in the country (according to a Chick-fil-A manager I know). A couple of months ago, they shut down, tore down the building, tore out the building slab, tore out the parking lots, and are in the process of putting up a new building. The building was 15-20 years old at most. It's almost finished now and doesn't appear to be much bigger than the old one (as they were confined by their lot size). Can't say I've seen a remodel of a fast food place on that scale.

Spend money to make money I guess...

Last edited:

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Just an aside on Chick-fil-A...

The Chick-fil-A a mile from my house is one of the most profitable Chick-fil-A's in the country (according to a Chick-fil-A manager I know). A couple of months ago, they shut down, tore down the building, tore out the building slab, tore out the parking lots, and are in the process of putting up a new building. The building was 15-20 years old at most. It's almost finished now and doesn't appear to be much bigger than the old one (as they were confined by their lot size). Can't say I've seen a remodel of a fast food place on that scale.

Spend money to make money I guess...

Happening to the McDonalds in west Ames. They completely tore it down and are rebuilding a new one there.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Happening to the McDonalds in west Ames. They completely tore it down and are rebuilding a new one there.
Beat me to it. The west Ames McDonald's was a dump. I know several people who avoided that McDonald's because it was so sketch.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I always like Mcdonalds west. They always played such strange music.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Chick-fil-a sucks. A piece of chicken on bread with nothing else? What's the point?

Don't forget about the pickles.

I would like to see Chick-fil-a in the Lorry's Coffee location right on Lincoln Way in Ames. We have enough coffee shops in town, I want some chicken.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Beat me to it. The west Ames McDonald's was a dump. I know several people who avoided that McDonald's because it was so sketch.

I can understand that. The Chick-fil-A I mentioned seemed to be in pretty good shape as far as fast food places go, so it was surprising to see it demolished.

CostaDelMar

Jun 21, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Don't forget about the pickles.

I would like to see Chick-fil-a in the Lorry's Coffee location right on Lincoln Way in Ames. We have enough coffee shops in town, I want some chicken.

While we are at it, let's put a Hooter's in at the old campus bookstore location across from the MU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron