NBA Offseason Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Mumbai1986

Mar 9, 2008
Arlington, VA
So, NBA is done, but free agency and trade winds are beginning to pick up. Big FA right now is Dwight Howard and his impending decision, which I think will be Houston. If he goes to Houston, does Houston become the favorite to unseat the Heat?

Y! SPORTS

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
So, NBA is done, but free agency and trade winds are beginning to pick up. Big FA right now is Dwight Howard and his impending decision, which I think will be Houston. If he goes to Houston, does Houston become the favorite to unseat the Heat?

Y! SPORTS
Depends if their rookie Royce White #UpsHisGame.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think Dwight Howard is and has been fool's gold. I'd still give Indiana, or several teams in the west a shot at beating Miami. It's hard to say a healthy Bulls team isn't a challenger when their 2nd, 3rd and 4th string gave Miami a tough series.

I look for the Nets and Knicks to continue being the Nets and Knicks despite their talent with a slight chance that Jason Kidd can work out and change the trajectory of that franchise. They're stuck with a $90 million jump shooter.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Thunder, Grizzlies, Warriors, Clippers, maybe even the Spurs are all better than Houston with Howard and thats just the West. Even healthy Pacers, Bulls and Knicks teams in the east would be better contender IMO

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
I don't think Howard makes them the favorite to beat the Heat, but it does make them a contender in the west.

On another note, Greg Oden to Miami please!

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I think Dwight Howard is and has been fool's gold. I'd still give Indiana, or several teams in the west a shot at beating Miami. It's hard to say a healthy Bulls team isn't a challenger when their 2nd, 3rd and 4th string gave Miami a tough series.

I look for the Nets and Knicks to continue being the Nets and Knicks despite their talent with a slight chance that Jason Kidd can work out and change the trajectory of that franchise. They're stuck with a $90 million jump shooter.

That Nets team could be an interesting in the playoffs as long as Kidd doesn't overuse his older players in the regular season. The Bulls exposed them by refusing to guard Wallace and Evans and packing the paint. You can't do that to them now because Pierce can hit an open three pointer.

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
The bulls have a lot of bench spots to fill, Marco Belinelli, Nate Robinson, Nazr Mohammed, and Rip Hamilton has a $5 mil team option that I doubt will be picked up. (Daequan Cook and Vladimir Radmanovic are also free agents). However these free agents don't actually clear up much cap room because Taj Gibson's new contract comes into effect.

I hope the Bulls consider picking up CJ Watson again, who is a free agent.

Any moves regarding the Bulls look like they will have to come from cap exception signings or trades. They won't have cap room until next year with Deng's expiring contract and the possibility of amnestying Boozer (Which I doubt would happen this year, but could, but probably will happen next year).

Mumbai1986

Mar 9, 2008
Arlington, VA
According to reports, Thomas Robinson has been traded to the Blazers

Golden State is looking to trade David Lee

Lamarcus Aldridge wants out of Portland

Pistons are going hard after J-Smoove

Mumbai1986

Mar 9, 2008
Arlington, VA
The Bulls, Spurs, Nuggets, Suns, and Knicks have shown interest in Monta Ellis

CP3 is staying a Clipper

Tyreke Evans could become a Pelican

Mo williams has said he wants out of Utah if Trey Burke is given the starting PG job

Bucks pursuing Jeff Teague

Cavs looking at signing Darren Collison

Bobcats are pursuing Al Jefferson

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
I'm torn on him. He played so well for Chicago up to Rose's injury, but when Rose went out in that 76ers playoff series he really stunk it up.

Doesn't matter anymore. Pacers agreed to a two year deal with CJ.

Mumbai1986

Mar 9, 2008
Arlington, VA
The Pelicans reportedly offering Tyreke Evans 4 years, 50 million.

Clips - Bucks trade rumors: JJ Redick for Eric Bledsoe

Jarret Jack being pursued by Warriors, Nuggets, and Mavericks

Tony Allen being pursued by Grizzlies, Bucks, Nuggets, Mavs