Kansas fans discussing the new rule changes on their board... wow is all i can say...

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
This is crazy...

After our screw job game with them I was on that board and EVERYBODY was basically saying we were whining because KU got screwed earlier in the game. That last play just evened it out.

I especially like the guy who complains that the refs can go to the monitor to determine who a foul should be on. Rich...

Scout.com: Replay rules expanded

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Re: Kansas fans discussing the new rule changes on their board... wow is all i can sa

They are delusional beyond words. Never realized it till this last season. Sore winners, go figure.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
Re: Kansas fans discussing the new rule changes on their board... wow is all i can sa

They are delusional beyond words. Never realized it till this last season. Sore winners, go figure.

Agreed. Part of the problem is that they just won't say, "yea, we got some calls to go our way... we won... hahaha".

I'd rather have that than all of the trying to justify what happened as if it was fine. They all know we got screwed but it's not in their DNA to admit it.

Reactions: BallSoHard4Cy

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE

The "we got a bad call against us in the first half is just as bad" excuse is the worst. Not even close to the same thing.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Their bball has to go extra great to make up for their football prowess.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA

The "we got a bad call against us in the first half is just as bad" excuse is the worst. Not even close to the same thing.

We do that too though... the dead ball three that was counted between free throws after a two shot foul comes to mind. That was in the first half i think.

The difference as I see it is that their ******** about a bad call in the first half was one of our guys touching the net on a shot they missed. OUR ******** about the dead ball three is based on pure referee mental stupidity.

Last edited by a moderator:

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

Anyone else get the feeling the rules were changed just as a result of our two games against KU and Ohio State? Two of the best games of the year, on national TV, so everyone saw it. If those games aren't on nationally, are these changes even made?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Anyone else get the feeling the rules were changed just as a result of our two games against KU and Ohio State? Two of the best games of the year, on national TV, so everyone saw it. If those games aren't on nationally, are these changes even made?

I can understand the wrong call on both of those block/charge and they were both wrong, but the true fix came in when they called a foul on Niang laying on the ground with a KU player draped on top of him.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA

I can understand the wrong call on both of those block/charge and they were both wrong, but the true fix came in when they called a foul on Niang laying on the ground with a KU player draped on top of him.

Funny thing is... i don't think there was a "fix" in. It was plain old bad officiating. Kansas gets the benefit of that because they are Kansas. Officials know who the teams are that are playing the game. That is the ultimate problem. Officials go into a game knowing who "should" win. It affects their decisions in my mind.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007

Yes, we also killed the BCS.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Yeah, that's it.
We'll swallow the whistle when the kid draws a play-of-the game charge in clutch-time.

Then we'll unswallow it and give you the cherry on top.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010

Yeah, that's it.
We'll swallow the whistle when the kid draws a play-of-the game charge in clutch-time.

Then we'll unswallow it and give you the cherry on top.

The last 33 seconds of the Kansas game was deliberate. Starting with the foul call on Babb, everything had to happen exactly the way it did for KU to "come back." Add in ridiculous shooting by Johnson, and you have that come back.

Felt terrible for the players, they deserved that game, and had it taken from them through no fault of their own.

It is pretty common in big time college basketball, look at most every Duke/UNC/Michigan State game.

The reality is that big 12 has been pretty small time in terms of how they have allowed the UT's in football, and the KU's in basketball make the rules. But it is universal, if you think for a second that delaney doesn't confer with o$u and mich before making any moves, you are kidding yourself.

ChampFantana

Jan 30, 2009

We do that too though... the dead ball three that was counted between free throws after a two shot foul comes to mind. That was in the first half i think.

The difference as I see it is that their ******** about a bad call in the first half was one of our guys touching the net on a shot they missed. OUR ******** about the dead ball three is based on pure referee mental retardation.

That play was actually late in the 2nd half, maybe five or six minutes left.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012

Yes, a healthy amount of their fans are really dumb about the officials. Of course people who have spent any time in a game thread on CF could easily say the same thing about our fan base.

Gravy79

Aug 15, 2012

The last 33 seconds of the Kansas game was deliberate. Starting with the foul call on Babb, everything had to happen exactly the way it did for KU to "come back." Add in ridiculous shooting by Johnson, and you have that come back.

Felt terrible for the players, they deserved that game, and had it taken from them through no fault of their own.

It is pretty common in big time college basketball, look at most every Duke/UNC/Michigan State game.

The reality is that big 12 has been pretty small time in terms of how they have allowed the UT's in football, and the KU's in basketball make the rules. But it is universal, if you think for a second that delaney doesn't confer with o$u and mich before making any moves, you are kidding yourself.

Do you wear a tinfoil hat?

jatrain

Feb 8, 2010

This is crazy...

After our screw job game with them I was on that board and EVERYBODY was basically saying we were whining because KU got screwed earlier in the game. That last play just evened it out.

I especially like the guy who complains that the refs can go to the monitor to determine who a foul should be on. Rich...

Scout.com: Replay rules expanded

Did you even read the thread? The one guy who says he disagrees with the rule change even changes his mind by the end of his post and decides he agrees with it. The rest of the thread is a discussion about: 1. Making sure the reviews don't take to long and mess up the flow and length (for TV) of the game and 2. The idea that calls/rules should be different during the last two minutes vs the rest of the game. (Which was adiscussion with people advocating both sides of the issue).

Phog.net can be crazy (especially the hoops board ), the KU fan base has some absolute nuts in it (as will any that attracts large numbers of t-shirts fans due to sustained success), but that thread isn't an example of it.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO

I do believe that the refs feel pressure on making calls against storied programs late in games. Perhaps they figure there is more h--- to pay to make a somewhat close call against a KU or OSU. Whether it be the betters, the networks, or even the NCAA.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

Yes, a healthy amount of their fans are really dumb about the officials. Of course people who have spent any time in a game thread on CF could easily say the same thing about our fan base.
This couldn't be more true. The conspiracy theory bull **** gets old fast and it's pathetic how supposedly grown *** men get up in arms about it. We've benefit from some terrible calls and we've been burned by some terrible calls. The only reason people don't remember the ones we've benefit from is they felt it was right because it benefit Iowa State.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

This couldn't be more true. The conspiracy theory bull **** gets old fast and it's pathetic how supposedly grown *** men get up in arms about it. We've benefit from some terrible calls and we've been burned by some terrible calls. The only reason people don't remember the ones we've benefit from is they felt it was right because it benefit Iowa State.

When did ISU win a game in the fashion KU won at Hilton last year with two blown calls within seconds at the end of a game winning it for us? (on the road no less) When did ISU get a blown call as horrific as scoring a three during a dead ball? If you don't think KU gets better calls than the rest of the league you're living in some serious and major denial. Life would probably be easier thinking that way but you can't just ignore that it happens.

Gravy79

Aug 15, 2012

Refs are going to miss calls or call them wrong sometimes. The key is to be able to play through that. ISU couldn't get a stop when it mattered and they flat out stunk it up in OT. So regardless of the bad calls ISU could have won it but didn't make the plays they needed to which was a common theme in the close games. Even with the bad call against OSU they had chances to win that game and didnt make a play.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron