"If I get drafted, (Hoiberg)’s the reason it happened"

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
“Fred prepared me,” Clyburn said. “He put me in situations to be successful. Without Fred, I wouldn’t be in this situation.”

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I only said I asked him. Not that he gave a great answer. Possible is better than no chance.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Awesome article.

I gotta wonder if Will's poor 3 point shooting % at ISU will have cost him a guaranteed draft spot. IIRC before last season started Will was highly thought of as a lock as a 2nd rounder because in addition to his athleticism, scoring and strong rebounding at Utah he also shot the 3 ball around 40%. One of the things about this season I didn't quite understand was his 3 point shooting being so spotty compared to his time at Utah.

Hope he gets drafted and get's his shot to contribute somewhere! Good luck Will!

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Awesome article.

I gotta wonder if Will's poor 3 point shooting % at ISU will have cost him a guaranteed draft spot. IIRC before last season started Will was highly thought of as a lock as a 2nd rounder because in addition to his athleticism, scoring and strong rebounding at Utah he also shot the 3 ball around 40%. One of the things about this season I didn't quite understand was his 3 point shooting being so spotty compared to his time at Utah.

Hope he gets drafted and get's his shot to contribute somewhere! Good luck Will!

While I am assuming defensive game plans were planned around him at both schools, the quality of the players was better here than there.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
I'll try and find it, but I found a mock draft that had Clyburn going to the Lakers in the 2nd rd. Here it is. 2013 NBA mock draft

Was just about to post this but see you got to it a couple hours before me. Them saying that the Lakers are looking to replace Kobe's scoring with Clyburn seems like a stretch to me, but good to see that comparison.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Am I in the future? Because the article states the draft is tonight when it is not until tomorrow.