Anyone create an app? or good at computer programming?

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Hey everyone, I was just curious if anyone on fanatic has created an app before? Or better yet an app that you change daily like the chive where they update photos and videos every day? I have a college project I'm working on to help raise money for certain children's hospitals and got an idea for an app, but all I know is farming and well college life not a thing about coding and programming.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Not sure what type of info you are looking for.

It does take a lot of time to develop a quality app, especially if it involves collecting money.

Since you are doing this to raise money for a certain children's hospital, have you considered pitching you app idea to the hospital to see if they could free up some resources to help you out.

Good luck.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
This biggest part is going to be integrating a secure payment system into the app. Other than that it wouldn't be too difficult but my apps aren't visually appealing and you would need it to feel totally professional if you are getting donations or something from it.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Sorry about the horrible details. There won't be any payment collecting through the app itself, it's just to draw attention and then people can go else where to donate.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
Sorry about the horrible details. There won't be any payment collecting through the app itself, it's just to draw attention and then people can go else where to donate.

Apps generally provide a service or perform a task for the user. If you're just presenting information, a mobile website might be a better option.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk

So you are going to tell people to download an app that tells people to go somewhere else to do something?

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
So you are going to tell people to download an app that tells people to go somewhere else to do something?
It's to help educate people on certain medical topics, then if they want to they can help by going somewhere else.. if that is what you meant.