Bug Soother

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Made in Columbus Junction. Find it, use it. You will never use anything else again.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Personal bug repellent. Made from vanilla extract and water. Heard the stuff is amazing at keeping the gnats away. Don't know about mosquitoes though.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Just buy real vanilla (not imitation vanilla) and mix it half and half with water. Put it in a spray bottle and spray your hair ears, neck, arms, etc. Spray some on your hands and dab it on your face. You smell like a freaking bakery, but it really really does keep those swarming gnats away. You may have to reapply if you're out more than a couple hours.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Need. More. Info.

Bug repellant made with lemongrass oil and vanilla. Smells good, lasts a long time, and doesn't leave that stickiness you get when using vanilla water. I put some on, mowed my lawn, and sought out a swarm of gnats. It was like Moses parting the Red Sea.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o22PwCzYxA
Stuff's like magic-selling out everywhere it's stocked.

I was down in Iowa and thought I'd try and find some this weekend. Bought the last bottle at the Fareway in Manchester. Going to look for some at the few spots in Minnesota that sell it so I can give a bottle to my grand nephews.

Haven't tried this yet but based on the posts here I am assuming the best. We are going to have a heck of a summer bug season here with all of the freakin' rain.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
For a home concoction try 1/3 rubbing alcohol mixed with 2/3 real vanilla extract. Works great, does not leave a sticky residue and smells great. Absorbine Jr. works great but most do not like the smell.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
I was down in Iowa and thought I'd try and find some this weekend. Bought the last bottle at the Fareway in Manchester. Going to look for some at the few spots in Minnesota that sell it so I can give a bottle to my grand nephews.

Haven't tried this yet but based on the posts here I am assuming the best. We are going to have a heck of a summer bug season here with all of the freakin' rain.

I must know how this works.

safmusic

May 30, 2006
great for gnats. may help some on mosquitos but have to had some OFF also. hate that smell but can manage. I do a lot of walking for exercise. Even tho our town has sprayed it has driven them to the bushes and under trees and outside of town. short note is I use both.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Wrong, the enlargement process mentioned in my email this morning is guaranteed.

Could you forward that to me, just for scientific purposes, not that I would need it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron