Iowa vs Iowa State recruiting 2013-2014?

Blackblood

Jun 23, 2013
Iowa
With Iowa coming off one of their worst seasons in quite some time, and Iowa State coming off one of their better seasons, I kind of thought ISU would surpass Iowa on the recruiting trail. Doesn't appear that way so far though. Iowa is quietly putting together a decent class. ISU is too, but take away Lazard and ours is quite mediocre. Without Lazard we are likely quite a bit farther back in the rankings. (65-80 range) Wondering what others think about this class so far? Anyone worried that Lazard will get cold feet and bolt? It appears that his recruiting efforts in regards to the other in state kids have failed miserably at this point. Hope he sticks around!

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
If you're gonna start a troll thread, at least put some effort in to it and make a few non-related posts first.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
With Iowa coming off one of their worst seasons in quite some time, and Iowa State coming off one of their better seasons, I kind of thought ISU would surpass Iowa on the recruiting trail. Doesn't appear that way so far though. Iowa is quietly putting together a decent class. ISU is too, but take away Lazard and ours is quite mediocre. Without Lazard we are likely quite a bit farther back in the rankings. (65-80 range) Wondering what others think about this class so far? Anyone worried that Lazard will get cold feet and bolt? It appears that his recruiting efforts in regards to the other in state kids have failed miserably at this point. Hope he sticks around!

Nice post. Good effort.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I will take kids from Florida, Texas and California any day of the week over kids from Iowa. But hey, at least you guys "own the state".

Guetterdone1

Jul 4, 2012
Ames
One would also assume that Iowa's higher classes would result in higher success on the field than Iowa State. This, however, has not been the case.

Reactions: veryphil

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
By strange coincidence, should Pierschbacher and Scheel suddenly "get cold feet and bolt", Iowa would suddenly have a mediocre recruiting class as well.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I will take kids from Florida, Texas and California any day of the week over kids from Iowa. But hey, at least you guys "own the state".

This sums it up. Iowa may have some football talent, and I said "Some" but Florida, Texas and Cali are where the exciting talent comes from.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
We just picked up a stud defense back out of one the best recruiting states in the country and you are worried about what kids we don't get from a lower tier recruiting state? Here's a good question for you, how many Iowa recruits started for us last year? 3 or 4?

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
334p5c4.jpg

Blackblood

Jun 23, 2013
Iowa
Lol! No troll but that is cool. Guess no one has legitimate answer. I pull for all of the Iowa schools and it is a legitimate debate. If ISU cannot begin to take some of that recruiting momentum from Iowa now, when will they? UNI is always going to get what the other 2 schools dont want, but it is concerning that after a year like last year Iowa State had no interest at all from anyone other than a Cyclone legacy

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
This is like a reverse psychology troll... A troll so bad that it can't possible really be a troll, right?

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Lol! No troll but that is cool. Guess no one has legitimate answer. I pull for all of the Iowa schools and it is a legitimate debate. If ISU cannot begin to take some of that recruiting momentum from Iowa now, when will they? UNI is always going to get what the other 2 schools dont want, but it is concerning that after a year like last year Iowa State had no interest at all from anyone other than a Cyclone legacy
I guess McCarney and Rhoads have proven 1 point let Ferentz get the Iowa kids and we just beat him at the only thing that matters, the actual game.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
It will take a year or two of beating the urine stains to change the dynamic of the state. If you are not a troll, then use some common sense.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Are you worried that Iowa's recruits will get "cold feet"...Ross P or Jay S? It's the nature of college football. Iowa State has proven year after year they can compete with less "stars". I think CPR is the right guy and will win some battles in the state and lose others. I'm curious to see Iowa does this year. A lot of questions around Iowa's program with lack of talent at RB, secondary, QB and d-line.