All-Inclusive Caribbean Resort Suggestions!!!

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Does anyone have some good all-inclusive resort suggestions for the end of February next year?? We have been to the Dominican (Excellence Punta Cana) and Jamaica (Secrets St. James), as well as the Rivera Maya(secrets) a few times. Any suggestions would be great....

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
We go to the Cayman Islands which do not have AI because the island is so safe. I would recommend that because you can eat at local places and experience more of the actual life on the island.

isudvm

Feb 2, 2011
Highly recommend Sandals. Been to Montego Bay in Jamaica and Bahamas. Get the Butler service. First class service, food, and drinks.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
This is off the beaten path a little bit, but does everyone go through a travel agent or site? The travel agent I have used in the past has not been impressive as of the last few trips we went on.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Good to know...we are getting married at Couples Swept Away in November!

We've been to San Souci and will be at the Negril one in a few weeks. So I'll let you know how the beach looks! I would like to get to CSA sometime, that one looks really great/

Reactions: cyrevkah

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
This is off the beaten path a little bit, but does everyone go through a travel agent or site? The travel agent I have used in the past has not been impressive as of the last few trips we went on.

We have used a travel agent in the past, at least for international travel. Last time it was easy and great, this time (previous agent moved to Louisiana) it was a pain in the *** and we could have done better planning it ourselves. Well, we pretty much did. I had to email twice to get them to change the flight time so we didn't get stuck sitting for four hours in an airport when there was a perfectly good flight leaving much sooner. Among many other things like not returning emails/providing information in a timely manner.

So in your case I would try a new agent or plan it yourself. TripAdvisor was really helpful in ID'ing the good from the bad.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

We book through deltavacations.com when I want to pay with miles, otherwise I toss a family travel agent some business and book through her.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
The wife and I love Sandals. We have been to Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, Sandals Negril and then took the kid and went to Beaches Ocho Rios, had a blast at all, if you are looking to drink, relax, and eat then I would recommend any of the Sandals we have been to. We are headed to Sandals Grande Riviera in November for out 10th anniversary a we got a Butler, looking forward to that as well. If you go with a Sandals I use a Travel Agent out of Chicago, she is great and books many, many many Sandals trips for folks. If you want her name let me know.