Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Was at the game for the first half, held back from puking twice. Am now back home and listening on the radio and this is a direct quote, "This is bad... This is real bad!" Something probably should be done.

rlegg928

Apr 11, 2006
Troy, NY
it's almost funny, after the bad snap, John just started chuckling..."Well, at least it was a false start, and not the bad snap..." sheesh

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
We must keep Mac until we are assured of a better coach, but Cotton must go now.

To quote the great Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation. "Worse! How can things get any worse? We are standing at the threshold of hell."

I cannot believe a statement like that still is in people's minds.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
To quote the great Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation. "Worse! How can things get any worse? We are standing at the threshold of hell."

I cannot believe a statement like that still is in people's minds.

remember, he also said that we're all in this together. let's finish this season off and then wish mac farewell.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
In the postgame Bruns sounded like someone had just kicked the crap out of him and made his mom watch. Really, the guy sounded completely exhausted and depressed.

It was painful listening to him.

cyclonedcm

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
every coach needs to go, they're getting paid way too much to produce a product like that... Bret Meyers deserves a purple heart... the oline is so ****** up...

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
if every coach goes i'll feel bad for skaldany. he doesn't deserve this. he's keeping isu in games with a poor defense.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
I listened to the post game and I thought Ben Bruns was either going to kill someone or someone had just shot his puppy. I don't know about the rest of you, but I would like to see that guy have some sort of association with the offensive line as an assistant coach of some sort.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
don't feel bad for any coach.... they're making more money than we are...

i just think out of all of the coaches, skaldany's the one that's actually earned his paycheck this year. ithink he's done an incredible job with the young defense, they've just had to play much longer than they should

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
In the postgame Bruns sounded like someone had just kicked the crap out of him and made his mom watch. Really, the guy sounded completely exhausted and depressed.

It was painful listening to him.

Because he had huge losing season.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
if every coach goes i'll feel bad for skaldany. he doesn't deserve this. he's keeping isu in games with a poor defense.

aggreed.. he is the coach i like the most..i say fire every one but him make him head get lonely as oc and find a few others

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Cyclone 06- Why leave the game and then turn the radio on? are sadistic?

Good question, I really don't know. I guess the Cyclone fan in me just keeps thinking that one of these days, halves, quarters, etc. something good will happen. Oh and it puts me too sleep real quickly.

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
Sorry,

I completely disagree. It's not hard putting together the worst defense in division IA football. You actually think the defense has kept ISU in games while giving up an incredible time of possession advantage and allowing any quarterback to throw for an outrageous completion percentage.

There is no reason why ISU's defense couldn't have been respectable. It' s his job to prepare younger players so that they can step in and play.

Skladany started Caleb Berg and Jon Banks at safeties. Those two try, but they may have been the worst safety duo I have ever seen at the DI level.

I don't believe for one second that ISU doesn't have someone who can play better than they did or are.

What a joke. I didn't forget Kansas from last year either. Find me a D coordinator who mixes it up and can evaluate ability. OH, and find one who can teach tackling. Skladany cannot.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
ISU's defense gave up 3 passing TD's in the first half against KU yesterday, and gave up 1 on the ground.

That most certainly is NOT a defense keeping a team in the game.