Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
"
Brett5584

Good article Andy, you are better than Ubben, sucks to suck hawkeyes."

Lol.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Mobile homes will be empty and pitchfork sales will go through the roof in eastern Iowa Farm & Fleets. I pity poor Andy.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I just don't see Iowa's ceiling getting that much higher. I think with the team they have now, they're an NCAA first weekend team at best.

ISU is such a wildcard at this point still.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Thought the Hoks almost won the NIT. They are finally on the radar screen.

According to them, almost winning the NIT is better than even making it to the second round of the NCAAs. At a minimum, they are equivalent in their minds.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
According to them, almost winning the NIT is better than even making it to the second round of the NCAAs. At a minimum, they are equivalent in their minds.

Go to the Rivals section of Hawkeyereport....Hawks85 on there is convinced that a December head to head win and the fact that Iowa got more wins means they had a better season.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Inb4 split says something homerish, or reminds us we lost to the hawks.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Really couldn't have worked out any better, they beat some below avg teams to get to the finals and then got destroyed by a team we handled twice. Now they have the taste of victory in their mouth and when there unathletic players who can't shoot don't make the tourney next year, they will turn on Fran and be calling for his head.

Reactions: mj4cy

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Iowa loses 2 seniors, only 1 who played and returns 5 starters. Not to mention an ESPN top 150 recruit in Jok and transfer Uthoff from Wisconsin is eligible next year. Iowa should be in the top-25, if not top-20.

lol, dumb Hawkeye fan, where is Jok ranked that high at? I'd like to see.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa loses 2 seniors, only 1 who played and returns 5 starters. Not to mention an ESPN top 150 recruit in Jok and transfer Uthoff from Wisconsin is eligible next year. Iowa should be in the top-25, if not top-20.

lol, dumb Hawkeye fan, where is Jok ranked that high at? I'd like to see.

I saw that too...I don't know if he's top 300 right now.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Someone on HN said they'd take Jok over Matt Thomas.....LOL

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Idk why so many think it's so crazy the Hawks could be in the top 25 next year. They return basically their entire team and add a pair of pretty good players. Both are wildcards at this point because they haven't proven anything on the college level yet but they should he pretty talented. Throw in the fact that fran is a pretty good coach and you get a top 25 team. As much as it sucks to say this, I think Iowa is going to beat us again next year.

D

DistrictCyclone

Idk why so many think it's so crazy the Hawks could be in the top 25 next year. They return basically their entire team and add a pair of pretty good players. Both are wildcards at this point because they haven't proven anything on the college level yet but they should he pretty talented. Throw in the fact that fran is a pretty good coach and you get a top 25 team. As much as it sucks to say this, I think Iowa is going to beat us again next year.

Because the team they're returning is mediocre.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007

IN Hilton????? Nobody has done that since Mizzou 2 years ago. (the Kansas debacle never happened)