2014 Bracketology

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Lunardi already posted his first bracketology for next season's tournament.

Bracketology - NCAA College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPN

Notables
Good Guys a 12 seed
Kansas a 3 seed
Okie State 4 seed
Kentucky the top seed overall

Somewhat Questionable predictions
Wisconsin a 5 seed
Purple Kansas an 8 seed

Coo Coo for Cocopuffs predictions
Michigan a 2 seed
Alabama a 5 seed
Hoks a 7 seed

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Notables
Good Guys a 12 seed
Kansas a 3 seed
Okie State 4 seed

Wisconsin a 5 seed
Purple Kansas an 8 seed

Michigan a 2 seed
Alabama a 5 seed
Hoks a 7 seed

I consider that seed quite a bit of respect for ISU's program considering what is coming back.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
I consider that seed quite a bit of respect for ISU's program considering what is coming back.

Definitely. In a supposed "reloading" year they're picked to make it? Thats some respect for Fred.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Notables
Good Guys a 12 seed
Kansas a 3 seed
Okie State 4 seed

Wisconsin a 5 seed
Purple Kansas an 8 seed

Michigan a 2 seed
Alabama a 5 seed
Hoks a 7 seed

Agreed. Michigan is losing practically EVERYBODY - Hardaway Jr, Robinson Jr, and most importantly, Burke.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Hawks will make it, but with what talent still left in the Big 10, no where near a 7.

They aren't going to get away with getting Ohio State, Michigan, MSU once again.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
So, should we all start to panic now because he has us in the play in game meaning we are on the bubble? Or should we wait 10 months. I say panic.:shocked:

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
So, should we all start to panic now because he has us in the play in game meaning we are on the bubble? Or should we wait 10 months. I say panic.:shocked:

I've already prepared a preemptive email to JP just in case the next one has us in the first four out group :swoon:

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I really don't think Iowa makes it. They just aren't that talented. And their schedule will be harder. They will player better and smarter as a team, they just don't have the high ceiling with most of their players.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I really don't think Iowa makes it. They just aren't that talented. And their schedule will be harder. They will player better and smarter as a team, they just don't have the high ceiling with most of their players.
This is puzzling to me too. They have 2 GOOD players. White and Marble. They're GOOD not GREAT. Otherwise there's a lot of sub par athletes on the team, but I think where they can grind teams down is their depth. Fran uses all 12 guys most of the time, which is unbelievable considering most teams (even the REALLY good teams) rotate at most 8 or 9. 2 guys are above exceptional, and the rest are just active physical bodies. That seems like it has always been Iowa's style, so I'm not sure what Fran's bringing to the table at Iowa that nobody has seen from Iowa in the past.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Personally I see a 10 seed for Iowa at the highest.. But I'm really thinking they are on the bubble that could go either way.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
And Iowa would FREAK if they didn't make the tourney. They would be calling for Fran's head. I personally am hoping for this.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Hawks will make it, but with what talent still left in the Big 10, no where near a 7.

They aren't going to get away with getting Ohio State, Michigan, MSU once again.

I think Iowa makes it in, too. Can't guess a seeding yet — I'd think it might be an advantage to get a more brutal rotation in Big 10 (or at least more opportunities to notch bigger wins).

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
How good is the B1G really gonna be again next year?

I'm no expert, but I would say, comparative to 2012-13:

Illinois: Stable
Indiana: Down
Iowa: Up
U-M: Down
MSU: Up
Minnesota: Down
Ohio State: Stable
Penn State: Up
Purdue: Up
Wisconsin: Stable
(Nebraska, Northwestern: Negligible!)

Even if that's accurate, it depends on how extreme the movement is in each case, I don't think it'll be a major fluctuation either way.

I doubt the league will be considered as fierce at the top (I don't see a repeat of 1-2-3-4-5 seeding). Overall, similar strength spread more evenly.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
This is puzzling to me too. They have 2 GOOD players. White and Marble. They're GOOD not GREAT. Otherwise there's a lot of sub par athletes on the team, but I think where they can grind teams down is their depth. Fran uses all 12 guys most of the time, which is unbelievable considering most teams (even the REALLY good teams) rotate at most 8 or 9. 2 guys are above exceptional, and the rest are just active physical bodies. That seems like it has always been Iowa's style, so I'm not sure what Fran's bringing to the table at Iowa that nobody has seen from Iowa in the past.

You forgot how good McCabe, Woodbury and Ogelsby are plus they're bringing in another recruit that had no other BCS offers besides Iowa...I think anything less than a B1G title will be a major disappointment with all that talent

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012

I think with marble playing more point and uthoff coming in as a 6-10 3/4/5 combo that can shoot they will be better offensively. I think they could have a high side of 7 and low side of NIT if they find a way to lose all the close ones again. I would guess a 9 or 10 seed.