Malls in KC?

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
Going to Kansas City tomorrow. normally we stop at Jordan creek mall but this time we would like to stop in Kansas city. What are the malls to hit up down there? We are looking for good shopping and good restaurants in one place.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Going to Kansas City tomorrow. normally we stop at Jordan creek mall but this time we would like to stop in Kansas city. What are the malls to hit up down there? We are looking for good shopping and good restaurants in one place.

Country Club Plaza if you want high end shops and dining. I went once when I was in KC and there were some nice shops, just pricey, but it was around Christmas time. There is a Jack Stack BBQ there and a Ruth's Chris steakhouse.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Country Club Plaza if you want high end shops and dining. I went once when I was in KC and there were some nice shops, just pricey, but it was around Christmas time. There is a Jack Stack BBQ there and a Ruth's Chris steakhouse.

There isn't a Jack Stack in the plaza...it's in the Crown Center area...

There is Oak Park Mall in Overland Park and up North by I29 and H152 is Zona Rosa...it's an outdoor "mall" but it has some nice shops and restaurants...

ken

Dec 28, 2008
There are dozens of great restaurants on the plaza. Blanc Burgers is good. Zona Rosa is the other big shopping area on the north side, lots of restaurants there too. Crown Center mall downtown is near some great restaurants as well. Lidia's Italian restaurant and Jack Stack are right around the corner. Oklahoma Joe's BBQ isn't far from Country Club Plaza and is best BBQ I've had.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
There are dozens of great restaurants on the plaza. Blanc Burgers is good. Zona Rosa is the other big shopping area on the north side, lots of restaurants there too. Crown Center mall downtown is near some great restaurants as well. Lidia's Italian restaurant and Jack Stack are right around the corner. Oklahoma Joe's BBQ isn't far from Country Club Plaza and is best BBQ I've had.

I've never had Oklahoma Joes. It always has long lines that I don't want to wait for. I love Gates BBQ, maybe because of the atmosphere, is it really superior?

ken

Dec 28, 2008
I waited in line for over an hour at Oklahoma Joe's when I drove down for the KU football game last year, and it was totally worth it. They do have a carry out counter, so if you don't want to wait in line, call your order in an hour or so ahead, and get it to go.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I've never had Oklahoma Joes. It always has long lines that I don't want to wait for. I love Gates BBQ, maybe because of the atmosphere, is it really superior?

I have only had BBQ at a few establishments in Kansas City but OK Joe's is my favoriate.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
There IS a Jack Stacks on the Country Club Plaza. However, if you're going to go to CCP you might take a short drive north to the original Gates BBQ. If you go to Crown Center you can walk through Union Station across the train tracks to Lidia's, which is my favorite restaurant. A little high for dishes but totally worth it. Zona Rosa is a good place, but kind of off of I-35. Independence Center is a waste of time. Also Legends in KCK is a great place too with lots of good restaurants around there.

dabears32

Nov 23, 2009

Legends (A strip mall by the racetrack)
Oak Park (A big mall in Overland Park)
Zona Rosa
The Plaza

dabears32

Nov 23, 2009

If you are ever in the Olathe or Leawood area, you can get through the OK Joes lines pretty fast. And the food is nearly the same.

I would definitely rank OK Joes #1

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Brah is better "guy". That's the worst. Country club plaza is ok, a few nice stores, but nothing great. Do not go to the crown center mall, worst mall I've ever been to, million times worse than Southridge.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
Brah is better "guy". That's the worst. Country club plaza is ok, a few nice stores, but nothing great. Do not go to the crown center mall, worst mall I've ever been to, million times worse than Southridge.

Yeah CC is not worth the drive. Pretty cool area in the summer or Christmas time, but not now. It's really gone down in the dumps over the last few years.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm

Are there nicer stores in other parts of KC? I thought the selection at CCP was decent; I thought it had a lot of options that we don't have in Iowa such as Micheal Kors, Burberry, H&M, Armani, etc. I was looking for some European pants there, found a shop that offered German clothes which weren't that great and they were way overpriced.

Last edited:

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Well color me surprised, did not know that...

And dude, don't call me brah...I hate that...it's dooshy and insulting...

You used a post to tell me I was wrong when I was right. It was meant to be everything you thought it was.