Misc: Tiger Woods facing a possible DQ this morning from The Masters (LINK)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Golf channel has been all over this.....tiger admitting it after the round doesn't look good for him.

Be interesting if he takes himself out or waits for the rule committee to dq him?

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Interesting. Seems like a point where no advantage was gained, so it would suck to get a DQ from that.

There was an advantage, going back a couple yards to a flatter area and a yardage that fit him better. These guys are so good they get yardages to the half yard, to you or me - no advantage but someone like tiger it's BIG

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I love golf but there sure are some stupid rules that don't make much sense

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
There was an advantage, going back a couple yards to a flatter area and a yardage that fit him better. These guys are so good they get yardages to the half yard, to you or me - no advantage but someone like tiger it's BIG

There was no advantage. It was 2 yards. Slope was the same

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
Hopefully he doesn't get the same rules official that dinged Guan yesterday.

With that being said, whether its fair or not, I think he may get different treatment being as he is Tiger Woods. You can bet bet Tim Finchem is in that room right now with the rules guys.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
There was no advantage. It was 2 yards. Slope was the same

Listen to tigers interview, there is a reason he went back 2 yards.....if no advantage he would dropped it where he was supposed.

I hope he doesn't get dq'ed....have too much $ on the line.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Hopefully he doesn't get the same rules official that dinged Guan yesterday.

With that being said, whether its fair or not, I think he may get different treatment being as he is Tiger Woods. You can bet bet Tim Finchem is in that room right now with the rules guys.

Guan got screwed, glad he made the cut.
I don't think finchem will be involved this is not a PGA event, it's the masters invititaional and they Run the tournament and make all the decisions

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
Guan got screwed, glad he made the cut.
I don't think finchem will be involved this is not a PGA event, it's the masters invititaional and they Run the tournament and make all the decisions

Ah, good info thanks. I gotta believe someone has to be in there battling for Tiger. No Tiger for the final 36 has to mean significantly less viewers, right?

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Rule is so vague that I think he will be ok

His fate lies in the hands of some old white dudes who don't care about tv ratings. They penalized a 14 yr old on the 17th hole, which almost cost him to miss the cut. This kid might be the biggest thing for tv ratings by opening a billion people's eyes to golf.....Augusta didn't care.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
His fate lies in the hands of some old white dudes who don't care about tv ratings. They penalized a 14 yr old on the 17th hole, which almost cost him to miss the cut. This kid might be the biggest thing for tv ratings by opening a billion people's eyes to golf.....Augusta didn't care.

What does that have to do with my post? In the rule it says near. How close is near? Is 2 yards near? It doesn't say and is vague and therefore I doubt they get rid of a Masters champion due to this vague rule