Monte Morris vs. Chris Colvin

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
For those who know MBB better than myself, can someone explain the difference between these two on the court. We all know about Chris off the court/locker room problems. But compare each game?

IIRC, Chris was very higly recruited out of Chicago with a lot of big schools after him. Played for a very good HS team and AAU system. Same with Monte out of Detroit.

While at ISU, I believe Chris had a pretty good 15 ft shot if I remember, and could pass the ball pretty good. How would you compare him to Morris?

IdahoCyclone

Feb 29, 2012
Chris I believe never fully developed his outside shot. Monte from what I hear is a better passer, and have heard great things on his leadership and about what it takes to win.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Chris Colvin had major attitude problems and thought he could do whatever he wanted. He had a lot of talent but that was a major down fall of his. I don't think the same will be with Monte Morris.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
From what I hear about Monte he seems to have a lot of attitude too...but he has a winning attitude so its not a problem :smile:

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Has anyone seen Monte in person or have access to game film? I'd love to hear a scounting report based on a full games analysis.

I remain a little concerned he might lack the elite quickness it takes to play pg at the high major level. Go ahead, tell me what a terrible person I am.

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
I think Colvin knew he made a mistake coming here from the start. Probably saw his college career flashing before his eyes. McDermott didn't know how to use him or Diante.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
For those who know MBB better than myself, can someone explain the difference between these two on the court. We all know about Chris off the court/locker room problems. But compare each game?

IIRC, Chris was very higly recruited out of Chicago with a lot of big schools after him. Played for a very good HS team and AAU system. Same with Monte out of Detroit.

While at ISU, I believe Chris had a pretty good 15 ft shot if I remember, and could pass the ball pretty good. How would you compare him to Morris?

YDRC.

Colvin couldn't shoot, couldn't pass, and he didn't have much for offers (which is how we got him).

Chris Colvin Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - Arizona State Sun Devils - ESPN

insanely overrated chicago recruit #724.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Judging by what he has done at two different programs I think it's a player issue.
Probably a combination of the two really. Really it was the perfect storm of an overrated player with an awful attitude, the exact wrong type of coach for the player, and a program morale situation that was already bad before he got here.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I had forgotten how bad Colvin's stats were. For all the attention he got, I mistakenly remembered him as a better contributor on the court.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I think Colvin knew he made a mistake coming here from the start. Probably saw his college career flashing before his eyes. McDermott didn't know how to use him or Diante.

He had numerous problems at Arizona St. as well. He finally got to the upper level of mediocre he was destined to achieve in his final year.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I remember being impressed by CC's court vision during his only season here, and I was disappointed when he transferred out, but considering his poor attitude which has followed him to ASU as well as his disappointing stats it's obviously ISU is better off without him.