Fire McDermott

kurimski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
BRING BACK WAYNE MORGAN!!! Atleast he can recruit! He would also try and get the schedule fixed for us too. Miss him already!
Note: this is said with the most sarcasim i have ever used!

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I would say fire McDermott as well. All he did tonight was usher in a whole new era of fun and successful basketball. After all, he won with an incredibly young and thrown together team tonight against a team that we couldn't handle last year with a very talented roster.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I would say fire McDermott as well. All he did tonight was usher in a whole new era of fun and successful basketball. After all, he won with an incredibly young and thrown together team tonight against a team that we couldn't handle last year with a very talented roster.

Poor guy. He's going to have sleepless nights after the student section started chanting his name at the end of tonight's game.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Poor guy. He's going to have sleepless nights after the student section started chanting his name at the end of tonight's game.

Yeah, I wanted to yell "I love you Mac" but I thought it may seem a bit odd:rolleyes5cz:

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
I watched it all from the nosebleeds... gotta ask y'all, do you think that technical was staged? EA coach didn't really look all that upset. And ya, I can only imagine what we're gonna look like in March!

Go Clones!!!!

kurimski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Who's available? Is Eddie Sutton out of the hospital yet? Can Harbaugh coach basketball?

I actually just read online that if Coach McDermott doesn't win the big 12 title this year he will be canned by Pollard. He's had enough opportunities and he's down to his last chance. Also i heard from my cousins boyfriends grandmothers nieces Schwan man that Phil Jackson would be interested in the job if it's available. Can you imagine next year? Bill Bellichik leading the football team and Phil Jackson coaching bball? Maybe we'll get the baseball program back and hire Joe Torre? ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES!!!!!!!

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I was very impressed with Dunson and W. Johnson tonight. McIntosh is probably the best defender on the team too. Did anyone see G-Mac pump his fist after the buzzer then on the way to the locker room Pollard came over and gave him a big pat on the back? Loved it. This team has a lot of potential and if the improve on their mistakes and start to gel in the next 2 months could be a pretty decent team. Plus we were missing Taylor and Gray tonight who are 2 guys that should see a lot of time too. I think our defense can keep us in most games, the offense will probably be streaky though.

And I love hearing GMac in the post game radio show. John Walters has to be glad that he doesn't have to be the only one talking in the interview with the coach because Morgan was painful to listen to while GMac actually talks and gives good insight into what is going on.

EggMcClone

Mar 19, 2006
Michigan
mylifeinthebasement.blogspot.com
I watched it all from the nosebleeds... gotta ask y'all, do you think that technical was staged? EA coach didn't really look all that upset. And ya, I can only imagine what we're gonna look like in March!

Go Clones!!!!
One of my best friends from my time at ISU and I were laughing about that because we both reffed intramural games and the ref that called the T, Randy Heimermann, is one of the people in charge of the IM program. During training he was famous for saying something like, "if they give you any trouble then T 'em up. F*** 'em! Then if they keep saying anything just smile at 'em."

Anyway, we laughed about that line as we always imagined him doing that.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Caught the last 5 minutes on the internet (stupid E-room). Wesley Johnson looked like he is a real hustler on the floor and how bout those shots at the end by McIntosh and Clark? It was good to see G-Mac grinning from ear to ear after the buzzer sounded.

GM4ISU

Mar 17, 2006
It is good to see a team playing defense.... A little of Valley play style but this team is going to be fun to watch

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
21 of 27 from 3 is horrible. I attribute some of this to nerves but we can't be doing that every game. Certain players should be our 3 shooters. I think everyone on the team thought they were money from downtown last night. Even Hubalek hit one. I'm sure our shooting will get better.

Todd Blythe

Sep 24, 2006
whats all of this about fireing Gmac? It doesnt make any sense, It was the first game of the season and a win is a win.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
whats all of this about fireing Gmac? It doesnt make any sense, It was the first game of the season and a win is a win.

sar·casm (sär
prime.gif
k
abreve.gif
z
lprime.gif
schwa.gif
m) Pronunciation Key
premium.gif

n.
  1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
  2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
  3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit[SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE].

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron