Royce had a big night

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
28 points, 9 rebounds, 4 steals, 6 assists (and 4 fouls)

You can watch a replay here......scroll down to the 2nd video. The first is just a highlight/recap video.

NBA Development League: Toros at Vipers Game Info - April 5, 2013

The team has a game again tonight, and then the playoffs will start next week. I believe Royce has said he will not be on the playoff squad because of the travel requirements, but that may have changed.

Here is the link for the game tonight, "broadcast" on YouTube.com. Game is at 7 pm Central time.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20130406/AUSRGV/gameinfo.html

Last edited:

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Turns out he's better than every D-league player if he gives a ****.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

You can watch a replay here......scroll down to the 2nd video. The first is just a highlight/recap video.

The team has a game again tonight, and then the playoffs will start next week. I believe Royce has said he will not be on the playoff squad because of the travel requirements, but that may have changed.

Here is the link for the game tonight, "broadcast" on YouTube.com. Game is at 7 pm Central time.

NBA Development League: Toros at Vipers Game Info - April 6, 2013
missing the playoffs is not a good sign to his value proposition.

ZJohnson

Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte

NBA Development League: Toros at Vipers Game Info - April 6, 2013

Right when you think there is hope for the guy...

K

KFitzy87

He had a UConn-esque dunk at the end of the first quarter that didn't make the highlight reel

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
No one is bringing a guy up who can't get through the playoffs due to traveling.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
scary thing is he still looks slower and less fit than the end of last season, yet putting up #s like that.

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
Maybe Cuban will bring Griner and RW as their power front line. Those two dudes would be a force.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I really hope Royce plays in the playoffs. It seems so ridiculously that he wouldn't. I was starting to get worried about him (again) after he collected a couple DND-CD's in recent games but at least he's showing what he can do. If for nothing else he's showcasing for other teams because I'm assuming the Rockets have moved on. They'll keep their mouth shut and give him his guaranteed money this year and next and that will be it most likely.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
I thought the Rockets were bringing him back to Houston.

Is this some reverse psychology thing where they tell him to go to D league and he stays home, then they tell him to come home and he starts dominating the D league?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I thought the Rockets were bringing him back to Houston.

Is this some reverse psychology thing where they tell him to go to D league and he stays home, then they tell him to come home and he starts dominating the D league?

He brought himself back to Houston. He and the team worked something out, and they sent him back to continue in the D-League.