ISU v KU | Part 3

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Here is a thread devoted to screaming(censored) obscenities of excitement.

I honestly can't remember a game with more emotion leading into the tipoff.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I think both teams match up very poorly with each other defensively, and both like to get up and down if they can...should be another shootout. Looking forward to it.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I just want to see a 10 point ISU lead with 30 seconds left in the game and ISU ball so not even the refs can take it away, though they would probably still try.

BTW, Bruce Pearl just called the ISU/KU match-up the best semi-final game match-up of all the conference tourneys. Pretty high praise considering most of the semi-final games are not even set yet, including the Big 12.

Last edited:

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Technically, this is actually ISU v KU CCXXXIV. They've been playing each other for almost a hundred years.

OPKSCyclone

Oct 17, 2009
Overland Park, KS
Who's officiating?

You seriously have to wonder: At first media timeout (at least I think it was the first) Bill Self approached an official and you could see him gesturing that Tech was in the lane too long. Sure enough, the very next offensive possession for Tech, they got called for 3 seconds.

Maybe they were in the lane too long but it seems [too] often that the refs are cognizant of Bill Self's concerns much more than other coaches. How many times has CFH complained to a ref and the result was a call in our favor?

EatemupISU

Oct 19, 2006
Ankeny
Would anyone rather beat KU tomorrow than win 1st round in NCAA? Because of the way the games have gone down this year, and the smack-talk from Jayhawk fans afterward, part of me says "yes". I know its irrational, but a win tomorrow would be so sweet.

cycfan

Nov 8, 2006
payback's a *****, and KU is going to get a large dose of it tomorrow night.

The great thing is we don't have to worry about the "bubble" and can play loose. I think the refs are going to have a quick whistle in this one. Would like to see us be very physical with them and rough them up, but don't think the refs will allow it.

GO CYCLONES!!!

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Who's officiating?

You seriously have to wonder: At first media timeout (at least I think it was the first) Bill Self approached an official and you could see him gesturing that Tech was in the lane too long. Sure enough, the very next offensive possession for Tech, they got called for 3 seconds.

Maybe they were in the lane too long but it seems [too] often that the refs are cognizant of Bill Self's concerns much more than other coaches. How many times has CFH complained to a ref and the result was a call in our favor?

I am not supporting UK ( I refuse to say KU, the are the University of Kansas, dumbasses) but that is what you are supposed to do. I always would mention things to refs, they look at it a little closer and you get the call. I am sure Fred does the same thing, and if he doesn't than he is a fool! ( I in no way, shape, or form believe Fred is a fool. I know he does the same thing Self does.)

OPKSCyclone

Oct 17, 2009
Overland Park, KS
The great thing is we don't have to worry about the "bubble" and can play loose. I think the refs are going to have a quick whistle in this one. Would like to see us be very physical with them and rough them up, but don't think the refs will allow it.

GO CYCLONES!!!

What do you think the odds are that Ejim ends up with only 2 personal fouls?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron