Greatest Chant ever at ISU

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
was "Sit Down Norm" for Norm Stewart. Can't think of any other chants that were great at ISU. However, Is there a way we can change that to "Sit down Drew" for the baylor coach. I am thinking we need to come up with something for that guy.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I still think my High School chanting "Jeffery Dahmer" when we faced the high school he went to (a rival in our league) was still pretty good...

CyLoboClone

Oct 15, 2009
Albuquerque
elevator, elevator- we got the shaft.

I was 10, it was so awesome that 23 years later and I still hear it like yesterday.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
was "Sit Down Norm" for Norm Stewart. Can't think of any other chants that were great at ISU. However, Is there a way we can change that to "Sit down Drew" for the baylor coach. I am thinking we need to come up with something for that guy.

We used to use the "Sit Down, Billy" on Tubbs. It was satisfying but not nearly as good as the original.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
"Chen-o-worth-less"

chenowith.jpg

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I still remember growing up and North Star owner Norm Green announced they were moving to Dallas. The fans would chant "Norm Green Suck Norm Green Sucks". I still remember the seats we were in when I learned what "sucks" meant from my dad.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
We used to use the "Sit Down, Billy" on Tubbs. It was satisfying but not nearly as good as the original.

Back before everybody carried a smart phone to record everything, there were some interesting exchanges between certain coaches and the ISU fans behind the visiting bench. Tony Barone (Creighton) flipped the ol' bird and supplied the corresponding verbage to the ISU fans. The priest who was on the Creighton bench also had some choice, non-uplifiting words for the crowd. I was close enough to see/hear those. I saw Tubbs flip the bird as well, but wasn't ever close enough to hear what he had to say.

No apologies were sought or offered by either side.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
"Nine to Se-ven" When the Holiday Bowl champion Huskers were introduced during halftime at the Devaney Center, the year of the "eight turnovers" and a Cyclone win at Memorial Stadium. I was chanting this from my seat about three or four sections away from where the students were at....not an angry eye in the house that wasn't pointed at me in my section.

The reason I highlight this one was what happened afterward, when an overweight husker fan behind me said, and I quote: "At least we don't go home to trailers."

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Back before everybody carried a smart phone to record everything, there were some interesting exchanges between certain coaches and the ISU fans behind the visiting bench. Tony Barone (Creighton) flipped the ol' bird and supplied the corresponding verbage to the ISU fans. The priest who was on the Creighton bench also had some choice, non-uplifiting words for the crowd. I was close enough to see/hear those. I saw Tubbs flip the bird as well, but wasn't ever close enough to hear what he had to say.

Agreed. Billy was just as foul to the crowd as he was to the officials. That guy was a scum bag. We used to give Norm hell but at least most of us respected him.

Ah, the good old days when a small part of the student section was behind the visiting bench. In all my years at ISU I never got in the rotation to get a seat behind the visiting bench.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
the best chants are at ISU mens hockey

+ 10000. I don't know how it is now with new arena, but it used to be totally raunchy in the old arena (beer being served def helped).

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Roy Williams players flipped us off when we had front row student section seats behind him and he was really laughing it up with them as they did it. I know we just had a player do the same thing, but I doubt Fred's response was laughter.

Help Support Us

Become a patron