Paul Rhoads vs. Kirk Ferentz

MartyMcCy

Sep 6, 2011
Blog debate: Paul Rhoads vs. Kirk Ferentz - Big 12 Blog - ESPN

"Rhoads is unbelievable. Coaching is all about getting the most out of what you have. Rhoads does that as well as anybody in the country. Gene Chizik won a national championship at Auburn ... and went 5-19 in two seasons in Ames before he did it. Rhoads took the same two-win team from Chizik and turned them into a seven-win team, winning the first bowl game for the school since 2004. Not many guys can do that."

"The thing that ISU fans have to love most about Rhoads, though, is how much he's changed the perception of the school. It's similar to what Mike Leach established at Texas Tech. Teams fear Iowa State, and after last year's win over Oklahoma State, how could they not? Iowa State's anything but a gimme win these days. That alone is worth a lot."

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
DaveUbben said:
My take: Like Brian and Adam, I really think the Cyclones have a great shot, and will be in this one late. Ultimately, though, I think Iowa hangs on late at home.

booo

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
My buddy is at a coaching convention today where both coaches are. He talked to CPR for 10 minutes and said he speaks with the same intensity as you see on gameday.

He said Kirk is on the mic and he sees 3 people sleeping as Kirk has been talking about OL and blocking for 45 minutes LOL

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
My buddy is at a coaching convention today where both coaches are. He talked to CPR for 10 minutes and said he speaks with the same intensity as you see on gameday.

He said Kirk is on the mic and he sees 3 people sleeping as Kirk has been talking about OL and blocking for 45 minutes LOL
Which is why I hope neither school ever lose their respective coaches

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
We won that game, but there was at least 1 SURE TD that a nebby receiver inexplicably dropped inside the 10 with zero ISU presence around him. But thems the breaks.

Nebraska's 8 turnovers vs iowa state - YouTube

In case you needed some refreshing. Never fails to make my day.

*EDIT* what you are looking for is at 1:02. There was ISU presence. The presence was him nailing his foot and make the ball carrier think about his feet and not about his hands, thus losing control of the ball. Simple case of trying too hard and coming up short.

Last edited:

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008

kirk does know how to coach him some offensive line

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
We won that game, but there was at least 1 SURE TD that a nebby receiver inexplicably dropped inside the 10 with zero ISU presence around him. But thems the breaks.

The refs also blew the whistle on a Nebraska turnover that ISU scooped up and was returning for a TD. Funny how nobody ever remembers that. The replay overturned the call on the field (which was the the runner was down) and called it a fumble. It should have been six for ISU.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012

Nebraska's 8 turnovers vs iowa state - YouTube

In case you needed some refreshing. Never fails to make my day.

*EDIT* what you are looking for is at 1:02. There was ISU presence. The presence was him nailing his foot and make the ball carrier think about his feet and not about his hands, thus losing control of the ball. Simple case of trying too hard and coming up short.
This is why we have had such bad luck, we used it all on this game.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
i remember passing out at about 5 a.m. that morning and waking up with the worst hangover. my and a friend were watching the game and even with the worst hangover of my life, i was up jumping around and laughing when nebraska would turn the ball over. i remember nebraska would get in the redzone and i would tell my friend "there is NO WAY they will turn the ball over again" but sure enough, they did!!

p.s. kurk fairents suxxxxx!!!!!

vortex

Jan 30, 2010
Kirk Ferentz isn't Mr. Personality and he's not exciting....but his body of work at Iowa ain't too shabby.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron