Custer at Kansas State Tournament

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
Custer (4-8, 11-15, 20pts) and Blue Valley Northwest beat my high school Wednesday night in the state quarterfinals. Article from Lawrence paper

Today, BVNW beat Derby in the state semifinals, 73-36 (!), with Custer scoring 25 points, with 5 assists and four steals. Article from KC Star

Blue Valley Northwest will play the final against Blue Valley West tomorrow, in Wichita, for both the state title and an undefeated (25-0) season.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Custer (4-8, 11-15, 20pts) and Blue Valley Northwest beat my high school Wednesday night in the state quarterfinals. Article from Lawrence paper

Today, BVNW beat Derby in the state semifinals, 73-36 (!), with Custer scoring 25 points, with 5 assists and four steals. Article from KC Star

Blue Valley Northwest will play the final against Blue Valley West tomorrow, in Wichita, for both the state title and an undefeated (25-0) season.

Nice to see the future of the program (Custer in KS, Thomas in WI) on display in their respective state tournaments. Looks like the team will be in good hands soon.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Pretty impressive wins by BVNW. They may be headed toward the state title. Custer seems really focused on the title.

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006
I haven't followed Custer as much as Morris or Thomas. How much of the team is he and how strong is Kansas 6A basketball? Pretty damn impressive team blowouts in what I assume is the largest class in Kansas. Looks like their closest game was against Jok's WDM Valley team.

Varsity - BVNW BOYS BASKETBALL

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
Damn, color me impressed with those hop-step moves he has around the basket. He's going to be a high-impact, low-profile recruit I think (because of the attention Man Man and Matty Ice will get as sophs)

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Honestly I didn't know what to think when Custer committed not knowing much about him, but the more I read about him gets me excited to see him in Cardinal and Gold. Can't wait!

LostinIowaCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 15, 2011
Ames, IA
Am I wrong to start dreaming about the year when Custer is a soph, SDW/Morris/Thomas are juniors, and Niang and Okoro are seniors?

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
If I am remembering correctly, Jacy Holloway played on 4 high school state championship teams in Kansas.

Brookcyde

Aug 29, 2012
6A is largest class in Kansas. BVNW finished second the last two years, losing to a team from Wichita featuring KU's Perry Ellis both years. All five starters are juniors this year, so you would have to think they are the favorites again next year. The TV announcers mentioned several times that Custer was committed to the Clones, and it also is usually mentioned whenever the KC Star writes a story. Got to love the publicity in the KC area.