Sweet Caroline - Iowa State

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Just an observation here:

I love it that this song gets played for a Clone Victory....and to be honest, it's turning into an ISU tradition..we need that Cyclone Nation. But we need to change up some lyrics as a fan base.

The part: Sweet Caroline... ( ba-ba-ba ) - everyone that has heard that song sings the " ba-ba-ba" part. ISUers need to replace it/make it our own by changing that part with (Let's-GO-CLONES!)

Good times feel so good ... ( Go Clones - Go Clones!)

it becomes "ours" when we sing it that way.

Let's get this ready when we take over KC next week for the Big 12 Tourney! I want to hear it!

Cheers!

GO CYCLONES!

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
There's something to that, though. I don't know about "Let's go Clones!" but something to take ownership of the song would be nice.

It's like when they play Sweet Home Alabama at Bryant-Denny Stadium.

Song: "Sweet home Alabama..."
Fans: "ROLL. TIDE. ROLL."
Song: "Where the skies always blue."

It sounds loud and it sounds awesome. Something like that at Jack Trice would be great.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Jeff Johnson, is that you?

Jeff is a great friend of mine. My wife was the events manager for the ISU Alumni Association for years and had her office right next to Jeff's.

Yes, he would approve of this message. Promote Iowa State at ALL costs.

Last edited:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Jeff is a great friend of mine. My wife was the events manager for the ISU Alumni Association for years and had her office right next to Jeff's.

Yes, he would approve of this message.

Nothing against jeff, he's a great guy... just seemed like something he would do.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
BAN sweet caroline. Ban the last 4 minutes of Smoke on the Water.
BAN Roxanne and Paradise by the Dashboard Lights...RIP.
BAN cotton eyed Joe.
BAN Jump Around(although I likey, just on originality merits though)

Promote and Teach in Kindergarten the "Ya'll ready for this" techno thingy....I don't even know what it is called.
Promote and set a up an Ad Council Ad campaign for Too Legit to Quit/Gangnam melody which will be ISU's new and ORIGINAL jock jam groove. Too Legit. All public school children in Iowa should learn that this is Iowa State's song and a board should be set up by some highly salaried cats in Des Moines to make sure that even Home-schoolers must have a unit on dancing "Too Legit to Quit" dance.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Neil: "Sweet Caroline..."
ISU: "LET'S - GO - CLONES"
Neil: "Good times feel so good.."
ISU: "GO CLONES! - GO CLONES!"

I like it... It's our nickname too. (Clones)

I don't want to use "state" because that is soooo played by any school with "state" in it.

Time to be original.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
BAN sweet caroline. Ban the last 4 minutes of Smoke on the Water.
BAN Roxanne and Paradise by the Dashboard Lights...RIP.
BAN cotton eyed Joe.
BAN Jump Around(although I likey, just on originality merits though)

Promote and Teach in Kindergarten the "Ya'll ready for this" techno thingy....I don't even know what it is called.
Promote and set a up an Ad Council Ad campaign for Too Legit to Quit/Gangnam melody which will be ISU's new and ORIGINAL jock jam groove. Too Legit. All public school children in Iowa should learn that this is Iowa State's song and a board should be set up by some highly salaried cats in Des Moines to make sure that even Home-schoolers must have a unit on dancing "Too Legit to Quit" dance.

Pvqss.gif

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
[video=youtube;Cdk1gwWH-Cg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdk1gwWH-Cg[/video]

Hammer don't play that.
Sweat running all over my chest.

Few people know this, but MC Hammer lived in Ames, Iowa prior to moving to Oakland, CA in 1982.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
This thread made me realize that I did my last Sweet Caroline as a student at the Okie State game. I obviously knew it was my last game as a student. Kinda sad.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
Neil: "Sweet Caroline..."
ISU: "LET'S - GO - CLONES"
Neil: "Good times feel so good.."
ISU: "GO CLONES! - GO CLONES!"

I like it... It's our nickname too. (Clones)

I don't want to use "state" because that is soooo played by any school with "state" in it.

Time to be original.

I like the thought behind the concept of making the song ours. That said, instead of "Go Clones"... why not just "Cy-clones"

And instead of Lets-Go-Clones, maybe I-S-U. (Not sure if I really like that one as much... but there are other options). Props for trying to come up with and start something. Best bet is probably to just do it at a game and hope the fans around you start to join it.