Big XII Network (a.k.a. WOI-TV ch. 5 in
Central Iowa)

Last edited:

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Go state, lets punch our ticket to the tourney today! It'll be tough but I think our guys can get it done on the road on WVU senior day.

Last edited:

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
Cautiously optimistic on this one. We've gotta keep up the energy we brought on Wednesday night! I feel like Babb has emerged as this team's true leader. Of course we have a bunch of other great leaders, but he seems to be the grand-mack-daddy-pimp of 'em all.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Seriously... if you start the game thread, at least put the freaking game info in the first post.

When I clicked on this thread and saw the first post I thought "wow this may be the best Gameday Thread OP of the year. It was started perfectly on time, it has info, and even nice pictures.

But apparently his first draft was sub par.

O well, I never saw it. Thank you for editing.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
I hope we see a healthy amount of Anthony Booker today, and perhaps a little bit of Percy Gibson depending on the situation and how our guys individually are playing. Hoiberg acknowledged WVU is throwing it inside to Kilicli a lot right now, and I think we all realize by now that ISU doesn't have anyone in our regular rotation to match up with a guy like Kilicli without getting key guys in foul trouble, particularly Ejim and/or Niang (granted they are STILL both regularly hosed by these Big 12 officials, I'm assuming according to Bill Self's secret orders).

ALSO, I heard Bob Huggins mention (via WVUsports weekly Huggin's interview) that Deniz Kilicli's parents will be at the game today, and according to Huggins, "this will be their first opportunity to see him play live, so I think Deniz will be pretty fired up." West Virginia should get an inspired effort from Kilicli and use him to force a few standard Big 12 calls on Niang when he's clearly straight up & down, which fortunately won't be enough alone to beat the Cyclones.
However, if WVU can get a few of their sloppy three's to rattle home like they did late in Hilton, then this could spell all sorts of trouble. If we have to help off on Kilicli too much, we risk giving open looks and giving them a chance to get going in front of their home crowd. Obviously, we want to make WVU beat us from the perimeter, but I hope we can make them take at least relatively contested shots today. They hit some tough shots late against us in Hilton, and they are shooting the bell better lately according to Fred Hoiberg. I'd like to see us have Booker, or Gibson, on the court earlier and more often than usual to help avoid these issues. Good defensive effort on Wednesday. And like with all our road games, this one will all come down to getting stops. Although it seems like Fred has had a short leash on Booker and Gibson up to this point all year, and with they way they've performed at times, who can blame him. But after so many tough losses that left all Cyclone fans wondering what we need to do to get over the hump, I say March 9th is the perfect time to UNLEASH the Booker!

ISUagger

Jan 31, 2012
Ames
I hope we see a healthy amount of Anthony Booker today, and perhaps a little bit of Percy Gibson depending on the situation and how our guys individually are playing. Hoiberg acknowledged WVU is throwing it inside to Kilicli a lot right now, and I think we all realize by now that ISU doesn't have anyone in our regular rotation to match up with a guy like Kilicli without getting key guys in foul trouble, particularly Ejim and/or Niang (granted they are STILL both regularly hosed by these Big 12 officials, I'm assuming according to Bill Self's secret orders).

ALSO, I heard Bob Huggins mention (via WVUsports weekly Huggin's interview) that Deniz Kilicli's parents will be at the game today, and according to Huggins, "this will be their first opportunity to see him play live, so I think Deniz will be pretty fired up." West Virginia should get an inspired effort from Kilicli and use him to force a few standard Big 12 calls on Niang when he's clearly straight up & down, which fortunately won't be enough alone to beat the Cyclones.
However, if WVU can get a few of their sloppy three's to rattle home like they did late in Hilton, then this could spell all sorts of trouble. If we have to help off on Kilicli too much, we risk giving open looks and giving them a chance to get going in front of their home crowd. Obviously, we want to make WVU beat us from the perimeter, but I hope we can make them take at least relatively contested shots today. They hit some tough shots late against us in Hilton, and they are shooting the bell better lately according to Fred Hoiberg. I'd like to see us have Booker, or Gibson, on the court earlier and more often than usual to help avoid these issues. Good defensive effort on Wednesday. And like with all our road games, this one will all come down to getting stops. Although it seems like Fred has had a short leash on Booker and Gibson up to this point all year, and with they way they've performed at times, who can blame him. But after so many tough losses that left all Cyclone fans wondering what we need to do to get over the hump, I say March 9th is the perfect time to UNLEASH the Booker!
Good first post.

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
For those of us not in Iowa, is anyone streaming this game? Game isn't being broadcast in KC area. Couldn't find link on firstrowsports.

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
Let's GO Cyclones. Don't force the 3's if they aren't falling. Attack inside all day. We can't get behind on these guys at their place. They've won 11 of their last 18 and Huggins we'll have these guys pumped for their last game. Bubble buster game.