It's so much fun to be a basketball fan again.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
That's all I got. I hadn't realized how much I missed living and dying with ISU basketball until the middle of last season, and this season has been a lot of fun so far.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Wayne Moore teams were fun to watch. Now we have Hoiball. What did you call that stuff in the middle? Boreball?

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
It really feels awesome to be a Cyclone right now.

It reminds me of when I was a younger man, having just got married, and moved into the first home I ever purchased (a beautiful four-square right on Locust Street in Davenport, damn I miss that house), and our Cyclones had Marcus Fizer and Jamaal Tinsley. Michael Nurse, Kantrail Horton, Stevie Johnson. Paul Shirley.

It felt great knowing that we were good enough to play with anyone, and watching that team hang in there and win road games in the Big 12 conference. It was beautiful watching Fizer abuse the other big men in the league, and watching our shooters launch threes from anywhere in the half court. ****, they'd throw up thirty-footers and swish the hell out of them. That team was confident, it was arrogant, and it should have won a national championship. That game in Auburn Hills was ********.

I thought we had arrived. I thought we were going to take a perennial spot in the league as one of the contenders every year.

The next year happened, and it was even greater. A two seed?? Wow!! And even after the Hampton loss, I thought, meh. Bad luck. One game. We're still on top. But then Coed-gate happened. And transfer-gate.

Here we were three years ago, and things sucked. I'm so grateful that Freddie came back and has given us this gift. We know we have the talent and the coaching to play with any team in the land. If enough breaks go our way, we're good enough to win six games in March. **** on people who start these meltdown threads after losses. You ******* idiots must be about ten years old to throw a tantrum after these games. Don't you understand we had a chance to win these games at the end? Four years ago, we were getting blown out every. single. game. You want to complain about this team? **** YOU!

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
Can't agree more. I love having the feeling that we can win every game. We have the talent and the coach to do it. A few years ago I wouldn't even watch games versus Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, etc. because I knew there was absolutely no way we were going to win. We had absolutely no chance. Now, it can be done.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
There is only one downside, I spend so much time these days obsessing about basketball, back in the good old McDoormat days, I had extra free time, which I could use constructively. Now I spend it all here on Cyclone fanatic, and obsessing about interviews and strategies. Even worse yet, our high school team is in the state tourney this year, and they are fun to watch. I hope I live through March madness to see another year.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
That's all I got. I hadn't realized how much I missed living and dying with ISU basketball until the middle of last season, and this season has been a lot of fun so far.

And this is just a middle of the pack Big 12 team that's on the bubble for the NCAA!

Just think if they were playing for a championship!