Is this the dream team, Harbaugh Head Coach, Loney Asst HC?

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
What would Cyclone Fans say to this set up, with Harbaugh the Head Coach and Loney the Asst. Head Coach?

Nedrick

Mar 21, 2006
Carroll, IA
www.jdesignllc.com
My guess is that Harbaugh would bring in his own assistants. Doubt he'd bring in Loney just because he's coached here before. Unless Harbaugh has a good relationship with Loney - never know...

(Of course, completely hypothetical!)

CyclonesRule

Apr 10, 2006
West Des Moines
I wouldn't mind Loney as the head coach. Our offense was rolling up the points when he was here. He doesn't have the head coaching experience that I know of but has lots of coaching experience in college and the NFL. I think he wants to be a head coach and the way the AZ Cardinals are playing he could be out of a job if the orginization there gets rid of Dennis Green and staff.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Loney would stick around if he got the head coaching job unlike most of the high profile coaches you folks would like. I believe he's an ISU graduate if I'm not mistaken.

He's did a great job when he was in Ames before and now he has that NFL experience a lot of recruits like.

However I have a hard time believeing we're going to be able to attract anybody good until we increase our athletic budget. Would you want to come coach at the school with the second lowest budget in the Big 12?

Coach McCarney has done wonders with what he's had to work with.....

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Uh, the dream team would be the entire coaching staff of the New England Patriots - from their last Super Bowl win.

You did say dream team...

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
But what about Mark Farley? That would be twin coaches from UNI. ASnd we could get him for $500k. Then we could pay assistanst more.

The buyout for John L Smith to be nice and civil is to pay him for last two years on contract or $3.1M. Maybe still a good deal for MSU since jhe was 22-24 in last few years and could not win in the conference. Whoops he has done similar to McC in last few years.

rkheil

Jun 27, 2006
Johnston, IA
But what about Mark Farley? That would be twin coaches from UNI. ASnd we could get him for $500k. Then we could pay assistanst more.

The buyout for John L Smith to be nice and civil is to pay him for last two years on contract or $3.1M. Maybe still a good deal for MSU since jhe was 22-24 in last few years and could not win in the conference. Whoops he has done similar to McC in last few years.

Yep. Mac's buyout will be way more than the $675K many have quoted. I've heard between $1.5 and $2 million is way more realistic. I think that's one of the reasons all this talk of a new coach is premature.

I belive JP is still thinking about keep Mac one more year. I believe it is a mistake and will put us a year behind, but I think JP is still considering this.

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
rkheil-
What makes you think the buyout will be more?
JLS's contract specifically stated a buyout clause of $1.5M.
I don't think DM's contract has that wording, but I don't know that for sure either.

businesscyman

Aug 3, 2006
Yep. Mac's buyout will be way more than the $675K many have quoted. I've heard between $1.5 and $2 million is way more realistic. I think that's one of the reasons all this talk of a new coach is premature.

I belive JP is still thinking about keep Mac one more year. I believe it is a mistake and will put us a year behind, but I think JP is still considering this.

Wrong - his buyout is his base salasry for the remaining years of his contract over ther term of the contract. That is in the 225K range per year.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
C'mon people...ya gotta think bigger than a former Chicago Bear! If we're going with a former QB, let's go after Brett Farve. At least the offense would be fun to watch.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron