Worst screw job every from KU?

GMan

Jun 13, 2008
Minneapolis
One of the worst cases of theft I've ever seen in sports tonight. Between Withey getting 6 fouls, the Niang non-charge (if that isn't a charge, then there is no such thing as a charge in basketball), and the subsequent loose ball foul on Niang, KU flat out stole the game tonight. My question for the board though is if anyone thinks this is the worst KU screw job ever? 2004 at the Phog when KU scored a three during a dead ball, KU got a 3 to tie it up when the shooter's foot was clearly on the line, along with just overall horrible officiating is the contender that immediately comes to mind. I never thought I would see anything worse than that, but I think tonight's game eclipses it. I rarely get angry watching sports, but tonight was an absolute travesty to the integrity of anything resembling fairness or competition in basketball. I would keep writing, but I will just get more and more angry so I will stop before I break my computer. Instead I will print out hundreds of copies of the jayhawk logo and use that as my target at the pistol range. What a joke of a game.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
One of the worst cases of theft I've ever seen in sports tonight. Between Withey getting 6 fouls, the Niang non-charge (if that isn't a charge, then there is no such thing as a charge in basketball), and the subsequent loose ball foul on Niang, KU flat out stole the game tonight. My question for the board though is if anyone thinks this is the worst KU screw job ever? 2004 at the Phog when KU scored a three during a dead ball, KU got a 3 to tie it up when the shooter's foot was clearly on the line, along with just overall horrible officiating is the contender that immediately comes to mind. I never thought I would see anything worse than that, but I think tonight's game eclipses it. I rarely get angry watching sports, but tonight was an absolute travesty to the integrity of anything resembling fairness or competition in basketball. I would keep writing, but I will just get more and more angry so I will stop before I break my computer. Instead I will print out hundreds of copies of the jayhawk logo and use that as my target at the pistol range. What a joke of a game.

Withey with 6 fouls? Try 8. He went over the back multiple times and it wasn't called as well. Yet Ejim makes contact with his feet planted straight up and fouls out. Absolute joke. I usually get upset at close losses and feel crappy, but I started physically throwing things tonight. Just terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible. I hope the refs don't have a chance to get safely out of Ames. Seriously.

I mean I understand lucky breaks in basketball, but how can you have that many "breaks" go your way in a row in the last few minutes of the game? Joke.

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
Withey with 6 fouls? Try 8. He went over the back multiple times and it wasn't called as well. Yet Ejim makes contact with his feet planted straight up and fouls out. Absolute joke. I usually get upset at close losses and feel crappy, but I started physically throwing things tonight. Just terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible. I hope the refs don't have a chance to get safely out of Ames. Seriously.

I mean I understand lucky breaks in basketball, but how can you have that many "breaks" go your way in a row in the last few minutes of the game? Joke.

I was counting... And only things that were obvious fouls... He had at least 11 fouls that should have been called, only 5 were.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

He was fouling all over the place. He had eight.