Big Monday game

ChiefCy

Aug 4, 2008
This was from phog.net

"With the win and celebration behind them, attention will turn to a huge matchup at Iowa State, Monday night at Hilton Coliseum in Ames, a building where Kansas fell a year ago.
The Cyclones will be hoping to dent Kansas’ conference title chase and exact some revenge of their own after a Ben McLemore miraculous three saved the Jayhawks from certain defeat in January, before they eventually prevailed in overtime.
“We were fortunate we got a win the first time,â€￾ Self said. “I really think that we have a great opportunity going there to beat "

I really like Self as a coach. Can anyone find an interview with him about Monday's game?

berther48

Jul 10, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
This was from phog.net

I really like Self as a coach. Can anyone find an interview with him about Monday's game?

Taken from kuathletics.com

Feb. 23, 2013
Kansas head coach Bill Self
On the opportunity of Monday's game against Iowa State:

"We haven't really played that well on the road since the Ohio State game.
We've won some games but it hasn't been because we played really well.
We just hung in there and figured out a way to win like we did on Wednesday night against Oklahoma State. We are going to have to go play a (solid) game in Ames because they have guys that can score.
We are going to have to make shots and be efficient.
When we execute, we're pretty good at doing that, but we haven't done that consistently on the road in places that are loud where our communication isn't great.
This needs to be a special game that we play on Monday night."

On preparing for Iowa State:

"They're good and they score easier than anyone in our league.
I've said that all year long, and it's true.
We have to do a great job individually, defensively and our ball screening has to be great.
We were fortunate we got a win the first time.
I really think that we have a great opportunity going there to beat a dangerous team.
We are going to have to play our best game away from home."

ChiefCy

Aug 4, 2008
What do you think Self may do differently. He was caught a little off guard when GN started to draw their big man out side away from the basket. What will CFH do differently, who will Babb Guard. This is the schedule remaining down the stretch:

KANSAS
@ Ia State
W. Virg
Texas Tech
@ Baylor

K-STATE
Texas Tech
@ Baylor
TCU
@ Okie St

OKIE ST
@ TCU
Texas
@ Ia State
K-State

OKLA
@ Texas
Ia ST
W. Virg
@TCU

IA STATE
KansS @ oKLA
oKIE st
@ W. Virg

The Remaining schedule further shows how important this game and defending home court is down the stretch.

Last edited:

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
What do you think Self may do differently. He was caught a little off guard when GN started to draw their big man out side away from the basket. What will CFH do differently, who will Babb Guard. This is the schedule remaining down the stretch:

KANSAS
@ Ia State
W. Virg
Texas Tech
@ Baylor

K-STATE
Texas Tech
@ Baylor
TCU
@ Okie St

OKIE ST
@ TCU
Texas
@ Ia State
K-State

OKLA
@ Texas
Ia ST
W. Virg
@TCU

IA STATE
KansS @ oKLA
oKIE st
@ W. Virg

The Remaining schedule further shows how important this game and defending home court is down the stretch.

thats better

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
My 15 year old son has row 2 arena seats behind the scorers table thanks to his friend! Maybe I could pay him to stay home if I offered him $20 and I go in his place.