Tavon Sledge. Now playing

BleedCycloneRed

Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
As I was setting up the IPad to make sure it was ready to stream this afternoon's game vs TTU, I noticed Iona was playing Indiana State on ESPN3. Tavon Sledge is starting for Iona. Glad to see his transfer is working out for him and best wishes for his continued success. Also noticed Iona has the country's 3rd leading scorer starting the other guard position.

Last edited:

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I think he's too short to be an effective basketball player. Not trying to be a hater, just from the 10 minutes I've watched.

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
As I was setting up the IPad to make sure it was ready to stream this afternoon's game vs TTU, I noticed Iona was playing Indiana State on ESPN3. Tavon Sledge is starting for Iona. Glad to see his transfer is working out for him and best wishes for his continued success. Also noticed Iona has the country's 3rd leading scorer starting the other guard position.

Just out of curiosity, is it an iPad with Retina display? If you say iPad 1 or mini I might throw up.

Sincerely,
Apple snob

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I think he's too short to be an effective basketball player. Not trying to be a hater, just from the 10 minutes I've watched.
There are plenty of basketball players who have success despite their height. I would say him not having an outside shot hurts him more than his height.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
There are plenty of basketball players who have success despite their height. I would say him not having an outside shot hurts him more than his height.
I should prolly have said, for what his game is he's too short to be effective. I agree with what you said ya.

JCREEK

Jan 14, 2010
dsm
I should prolly have said, for what his game is he's too short to be effective. I agree with what you said ya.

I turned on 2nd half and he has hardly played non factor at this point, mo mo jones is a great player and he looks to be about 5'10 at most.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
This is the 3rd or 4th time Iona has been on that I've seen, Tavon would have been way over his head in the big 12. A redshirt year would have been huge for him, even at Iona. He could turn into a nice player for them but right now he's trying to get by strictly on being a great athlete first, great basketball player second. If his fundamentals and Bball IQ catch up with his athleticism, he could end up special player. He just has a ways to go.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Jones is good, transfer from Arizona. Iona has had some really good players the last few years.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron