Blog: How will the JuCo's affect next season?

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
The way I look at the two JUCO posts is that any production from them is a bonus. This year ISU is getting virtually nothing on offense or defense from Gibson or Booker. Niang and Ejim are going to start so if either of these two is even "adequate" defensively, that is an improvement from this year. These two are going to come off the bench.

Like CW said, Bluford will likely come off the bench. Hogue is really the only one that may start.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
It would take a real miracle for Hoiberg to equal the past two seasons next year. If he does, and that doesn't get him accolades, then there is no justice in the world. I remember when Tim Floyd used JC players so effectively. It is certainly possible if these players will learn good defense.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Edozie has 3 years?? I did not know that. That's awesome. I know very little about his game, but his backstory is amazing. Certainly someone easy to root for.

Can I assume that means he doesn't have a redshirt left available?

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny

We'll be just fine next year. Amardi's athleticism alone is a HUGE boost for this team.

IF Matt Thomas is legit and ready to start/score from day 1, I'm excited. Probably more excited than I should be. IF Morris can start at PG from day 1, or some combo of Morris/Bubu/Naz makes our point position solid from day 1, I'm excited. Probably more excited than I should be :)

We'll like Bluford. Shooters that Freddy recruits...man, I can't wait.

SDW is the wild card, IMO. From what I hear the staff thinks he has the potentially to be really good...if that's next year already, I don't know, but color me excited if it is!

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
If Daniel Edozie will have three years of eligibility at ISU, doesn't that make him a sophomore for the 2013-2014 season? The CF Scholarship Chart shows him as a junior next year.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Good stuff CW. Amardi will rival Ejim as best "athlete" on the team next year. Here's an example.

[video=youtube;3g5Uy06DHqI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g5Uy06DHqI[/video]

Guards who can shoot, versatile bigs who can run. Hoiball.

Last edited:

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
You know Amardi is going to be the next Cap City League legend. Everyone will have overhyped expectations for him and then people will start countless "Amardi" threads when he's not playing much.

I'm kidding with everything beyond the CCL legend part.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
With Fred at the helm, I have no questions about our offense for next year. The real question is who is going to step into Babb's shoes and be our lock down defender?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Edozie averages less than a block per game...1.8 is his team's total. I doubt either of those stats are correct though.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Does anyone else get the feeling that Gibson will transfer after this year? I have no info on this, but he isn't getting much PT this year and with the arrival of these two next year, there is a good chance he will get even less.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Does anyone else get the feeling that Gibson will transfer after this year? I have no info on this, but he isn't getting much PT this year and with the arrival of these two next year, there is a good chance he will get even less.

I don't get that impression at all. He's still young. He'll be fine. No need to start up that speculation at all.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I don't get that impression at all. He's still young. He'll be fine. No need to start up that speculation at all.

Okay, I was just wondering if anyone else got that feeling. I really think that he can be a good player for us if he cant continue to improve and certainly don't want him to transfer. Not trying to start any speculation or anything like that...