percy

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
i know as far as having a big man on the floor, percy and booker are really the only options. i was just wondering what is up with percy NEVER passing the ball? i can see if he had a good FG% like last year, but its way down this year. the team needs to move the ball around more and get better shots. percy is one of those guys who forces shots. and i have noticed that he doesnt box out very well on the boards either. i only watched the first half tonight, but it seemed like OU was getting a ton of offensive boards

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Decent game, some nice blocks. He also passed twice, but they were on BACK TO BACK possessions!!

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Maybe the coaches told him what I always got told. "You only ever do two things so make sure you shoot it up before you screw it up."

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'm a little disappointed in Percy's development as well, but you don't pass your way out of Detroit!

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
i didnt see the passes haha. well good for him then. i guess i just dont see him being as good as i had hoped this season. thought he would dominate! still a young guy though

He played his best game of the season tonight. The guy is shooting 51% on the season. The last few games he has made huge strides.

D

DistrictCyclone

i didnt see the passes haha. well good for him then. i guess i just dont see him being as good as i had hoped this season. thought he would dominate! still a young guy though

Yup. And I'm not at all dissatisfied with his development; he's improved in just about all aspects, IMO.

His first couple years remind me a lot of Justin Hamilton's, numbers-wise. Maybe he'll have a similar breakout year next season.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Yup. And I'm not at all dissatisfied with his development; he's improved in just about all aspects, IMO.

His first couple years remind me a lot of Justin Hamilton's, numbers-wise. Maybe he'll have a similar breakout year next season.
Statistically? On defense?

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
I think its frustrating to watch when he's doubled team and still insist on just throwing it up there.

Honestly, I think Percy has the same green light that Babb, Clyburn, Lucious and McGee have though except he's in the paint and not on the 3 point line. I mean, sometimes Clyburn and McGee take bad 3 point shots (Except McGee makes way more of them) kind of how Percy takes bad shots.

Disappointing because I remember the Iowa game the Niang/Gibson combo got me really excited because they were animals down there sharing the ball and setting each other up

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
I think its frustrating to watch when he's doubled team and still insist on just throwing it up there.

Honestly, I think Percy has the same green light that Babb, Clyburn, Lucious and McGee have though except he's in the paint and not on the 3 point line. I mean, sometimes Clyburn and McGee take bad 3 point shots (Except McGee makes way more of them) kind of how Percy takes bad shots.

Disappointing because I remember the Iowa game the Niang/Gibson combo got me really excited because they were animals down there sharing the ball and setting each other up
He was even triple teamed today when he got swatted.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I really like the combination of Percy and Niang. The ball goes into Niang who is very good at distributing when doubled. Percy gets the easy buckets or will prevent double teams. The issue comes when Percy is out there by himself. He gets the ball and the only thing he knows to do is try to score.

I would think this will be a big emphasis in the off season. If he can be effective scoring and passing we could be very good next year.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I think maybe if you hit the floor for Freddie, you have the green light. If you do the wrong things with it, you play less. It's a system that has got to be a blast for players to play in, but it does come with some downside as the players try to figure out how to work within the system. The upside is fantastic though.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Decent game, some nice blocks. He also passed twice, but they were on BACK TO BACK possessions!!

And it was at the end when we were trying to run out the clock. It must have been so hard for him. :smile:

Percy really does have a nice offensive game, that's why he plays. He has nice a nice shot and decent post moves.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
And it was at the end when we were trying to run out the clock. It must have been so hard for him. :smile:

Percy really does have a nice offensive game, that's why he plays. He has nice a nice shot and decent post moves.

I like Percy. But I wouldn't say he has a lot of post moves. Not a criticism of him or this post. Just funny how different people see things differently. Seems like he pretty much only goes left. Has got to develop his right hand.

He does seem to have good hands and a nice short-range jumper. I think he has a lot of upside.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron