Cyclone alley is general admission!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUagger

Jan 31, 2012
Ames
I'm just tired of people complaining about cyclone alley ruining the student section. You don't need a shirt to sit there people. You show your student ID to sit down there. The only complaint you can have about them is the fact they get the first row reserved for them. They do a lot of work for those seats, so I don't see why it's a big deal. Other than that, everything they do is to help encourage the on the fence students to come to the games. They are trying to get the attendance that you all want so much. I literally cannot think of a single thing that they do that hurts attendance or prevents the "diehards" from sitting up front. All the people that complain about them are using information from past years and not the current stuff.

Done venting. Remember, everyone here is on your side.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
The free throw distractions are pathetic but really there isn't much that can be helped there.

Winning is helping. Continuing to win will continue to help.

ISUagger

Jan 31, 2012
Ames
The free throw distractions are pathetic but really there isn't much that can be helped there.

Winning is helping. Continuing to win will continue to help.
I agree they suck. CA could do a better job with them, but getting rid of CA would just make it worse.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
That makes me question their actions during my junior year (Fall '09, not that long ago). A good friend of mine (Hawkeye fan, but ISU student - cheers for ISU in every sport when they're not playing Iowa) was wearing an Iowa zip-up sweatshirt over the CA shirt at the Iowa game. They approached him, saying he had to have his CA shirt showing (he had zipped up the sweatshirt by then). I look around and see another kid wearing a Texas zip up, and they didn't say a word to him. Now, I know it's Iowa. And I hate them more than most. But a season ticket-owning ISU student should be able to attend the game in peace. That soured my opinion of them.

Heilsqauvador

Aug 21, 2011
Hampton, IA
All the bashing of Cyclone Alley as a student section (Not the organization) is basically pointless. Yet it happens on this site for no reason at all. You aren't helping things, quit whining and being jerks about it. It stuff that you wouldn't complain about to people's faces (for the most part). You complaining on here only angers the people that are doing their best to try to fix the problems present. Quit crying over spilled milk.

Reactions: Cloned92

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
I was a student in the late '90s. Be careful what you ask for in bashing CA, what existed previously was much worse.

I should be more specific. This is not a top 25 student section let alone a top 10. If we want to have a top notch student section we need to watch how fans from Duke or Kansas conduct themselves. They are nuts from the start. It is so loud there at the introductions/tip that opposing coaches cant even communicate with their players at times. The rest of the crowd feeds off of the student section. It seems to me like the people in charge of VA do not do enough to get the student section pumped up and ready to go. They should be more concerned about getting our students pumped up instead of how they are going to look on the jumbotron.

ISUagger

Jan 31, 2012
Ames
I should be more specific. This is not a top 25 student section let alone a top 10. If we want to have a top notch student section we need to watch how fans from Duke or Kansas conduct themselves. They are nuts from the start. It is so loud there at the introductions/tip that opposing coaches cant even communicate with their players at times. The rest of the crowd feeds off of the student section. It seems to me like the people in charge of VA do not do enough to get the student section pumped up and ready to go. They should be more concerned about getting our students pumped up instead of how they are going to look on the jumbotron.
Agreed. Most of our students suck as fans and should learn from those guys. CAC is not to blame for that.

ISUKing

Apr 27, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I would like to see if the CA people could somehow push to have the student section wrap around the sides like it did when I was first there. I think the student section running down the whole court like Duke has is awesome.

That said pretty sure thats bigger than just CA.

Also, the CA stunts during the time outs are going down hill rapidly. The dance off last game was the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
I would like to see if the CA people could somehow push to have the student section wrap around the sides like it did when I was first there. I think the student section running down the whole court like Duke has is awesome.

Also, the CA stunts during the time outs are going down hill rapidly. The dance off last game was the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

This turns people off more than they realize I think.

Heilsqauvador

Aug 21, 2011
Hampton, IA

That would take away too many high priced seats I would think. My dad said when he was in school they would move the student section around to different spots, but I think season tickets have kinda done away with the functionality of that.

I hate timeout promotions that they do. Timeouts ruin our momentum because everyone sits down.

ISUagger

Jan 31, 2012
Ames
I interviewed to try to get on CAC, and they didn't want me. All I talked about in the interview was how I'm connected to the fans (through CF) and how I just want to help make our student section better. They like people who are just looking for career advancement. I think I have a good reason not to like them, but I still don't see what exactly they are doing that is hurting us so bad.

The dance off is just plain stupid. Tic tak toe and layup races are old. Change that stuff up.

They tried to encourage people to drink before games with Hilton After Class. I thought it was a great idea. Too bad they only did it once. So chalk that one up for CAC.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
CA's problem is that it tries to do more than being a student section. Get rid of props, time out games, stupid distractions, all of it. Just be a god damn student section. Scream, yell, don't sit down during time outs for the love of god. Just get hostile and go nuts for the duration (assuming its not a blowout). Be merciless ********, not a bunch of nerds jockying to get on ESPN.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
That makes me question their actions during my junior year (Fall '09, not that long ago). A good friend of mine (Hawkeye fan, but ISU student - cheers for ISU in every sport when they're not playing Iowa) was wearing an Iowa zip-up sweatshirt over the CA shirt at the Iowa game. They approached him, saying he had to have his CA shirt showing (he had zipped up the sweatshirt by then). I look around and see another kid wearing a Texas zip up, and they didn't say a word to him. Now, I know it's Iowa. And I hate them more than most. But a season ticket-owning ISU student should be able to attend the game in peace. That soured my opinion of them.

If anything, that raises my opinion of them.