ISU Still #2 in ESPN Big 12 Power Rankings

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
My guess is that only 4 of the 5 tier two teams make the tournament come year-end. I just hope that we aren't the one left out.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Baylor will be in a Tier of their own somewhere in the middle labeled with "The Scott Drew Factor"

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I think OU gets left out. They are somewhat of a fraud.

I still don't know what to believe yet on them personally, but you may want to keep that on the down-low. CW is a pretty big Lon Kruger fan and might beat the crap out of you for that statement.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Baylor will be in a Tier of their own somewhere in the middle labeled with "The Scott Drew Factor"

I did label tier 3 as the all defense - zero offense tier. If I were to make a separate tier for Baylor, maybe I should call it the all talent - zero coaching tier??

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I think it will be one of the Oklahoma schools.

I think both Kansas schools, Baylor, us, and an OK school will get in from the Big 12

If I had to guess, I'd say it's OU. Okie State has better wins and doesn't have the bad loss like OU does (lost at home to Stephen F. Austin).

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
CW loves Kruger so much that I'd like to propose this question to him: If you were an athletic director of some school other than ISU right now (since ISU has a legacy factor with Hoiberg) and you could have only Hoiberg or Kruger as your coach, who would you choose? I personally wouldn't put it past him to choose Kruger.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
The last week of January will tell us exactly where we are.

This is true. Actually after TCU and Tech, we have a stretch of six games that could be tough.

vs. Kansas State
@ Oklahoma State
vs. Baylor
vs. Oklahoma
@ Kansas State
@ Texas

Really think ISU needs to go 4-2 at worst through those six. I'm feeling 5-1 more likely. Protect Hilton in all three, win in Austin, and split the games in Stillwater and Manhattan.

Going to be an interesting stretch. Certainly moreso than the next two with TCU and Tech, where it feels as a fan like ISU has absolutely nothing to gain and a lot to lose.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
This is true. Actually after TCU and Tech, we have a stretch of six games that could be tough.

vs. Kansas State
@ Oklahoma State
vs. Baylor
vs. Oklahoma
@ Kansas State
@ Texas

Really think ISU needs to go 4-2 at worst through those six.

Yep, I think you have to win at a minimum all the home games in that stretch. We really should also win @ Texas too. This stretch will really show us what we are made up for sure.

Last edited: