CBS Big 12 Preview states they are why Morgan was fired

bootcy

Apr 12, 2006
Waukee
I was skimming through the CBS Sportsline.com Big 12 preview and noticed the comment below that Morgan was fired because of their report, which we all no is not true and that he was fired do to his poor performance and not fitting Pollard vision for the basketball department.

Reasons to be excited: Season-ticket sales are up at Iowa State, so it's clear fans are welcoming the coaching change that came as a result of a CBS SportsLine.com report that detailed Wayne Morgan's unconventional dealings with a California-based scheduling company run by a junior college coach. The new man in charge is Greg McDermott, who led Northern Iowa to three consecutive NCAA Tournaments.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9766147

Cyclonic

Apr 18, 2006
I have become disenchanted with all national media. I don't know why I keep reading those articles, because I just end up thinking "idiots, they are so un-informed about what really goes on". But, I keep reading them. Like a bad addiction. CBS (especially doyel) always seems to rub the ruhbarb of cyclones.

Here's one that pricks the side: (from the foxsports.com big12 preview) "11. Iowa State: It won't take long for Greg McDermott to regret his decision to leave Northern Iowa."

MidwestZest

Apr 22, 2006
Sycamore, IL
WOW. Start saving those articles. We'll have to start shoving a lot of crap back in these reporter's faces come february or march.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Here's one that pricks the side: (from the foxsports.com big12 preview) "11. Iowa State: It won't take long for Greg McDermott to regret his decision to leave Northern Iowa."

Wow, i can't believe they would say that. Why would you regret leaving a MVC team for a Big XII team in your home state? Why would you regret having recruits from iowa vs having top 100 national recruits? Why would you regret going deep into the NCAA tourney vs just making the tourney (future prediction but we know it will happen). That has to be the stupidest comment a reporter has ever made, and that includes Sean Keeler.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Agreed. That has got to be the most worthless comment made about us yet. Anything more than that could almost be taken as slander.. sheesh.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Yes, CBS is the indirect reason for the demise of WM. It was not the helter skelter, who is on first, give me the ball approach that an undiciplined team fell into after 1 Jan 06. And they were responsible for Will Blalock playing developmental ball for the Pistons and Curtis working out for Greek fans. Yes, the Media Moves and Shakes. Amen to CBS. ow, Mr Big Shot CBS Sportstuff.com, you can go after Bobby Huiggins for your in depth stories.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Honestly, since nothing ever came of that, he really should at least get them to stop talking about it. NOTHING HAPPENED. It honestly pisses me off.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale

Okay...that one peeves me off too. Pin that one on the locker room bulletin board as motivation.

Cy Heavy

Aug 29, 2006
Ankeny
FOX has KState at #5? There is no way they are going to be that good this year. Looking at Huggin's history and K-State's history-I'd be more worried about the number of players in need of bail than almost making the field of 65

hansen55

Apr 12, 2006
Avoca, IA
I think everybody will be impressed with what McDermott can accomplish with some Hilton Magic behind him. I'm getting excited about this season and the future of Cyclone B-Ball. He'll make them eat their words in seasons to come, maybe even this season.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This year could always be like the elite 8 run 6 years or so ago when we were picked to finish dead last in the big xii and instead we were a couple of bad calls away from being nat'l champs

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Yeah, I remember seeing that link. In all fairness, I seem to remember Pollard saying that the story, exaggerated and blown out of proportion though it was, was one of the many reasons why he felt a change was needed. It was bad negative publicity, and you put that on top of the whole LE fiasco just a few years back, and it doesn't look good.

That being said, Gregg Doyel is my least favorite sports journalist. Even if he didn't hate Morgan for some reason, that a$$hole is so arrogant and full of himself it's insufferable. He deserves a savage, violent beating. This new guy, Parrish, seems alright so far. I would rather be locked in a sauna with Billy Packer (whom I also despise) than ever read Doyel again.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron