• Yes

Votes: 98 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 42 30.0%

• Total voters

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv
just curious. i'm in the group of people who just don't "get" it. and like an 80yr old with the internet, i probably never will.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I'm on there a lot more than here anymore. Get news faster, don't have to sift through as much worthless sarcasm from part time comedians.

Reactions: cyfanatic

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
I'm on there a lot more than here anymore. Get news faster, don't have to sift through as much worthless sarcasm from part time comedians.

crying-cat.gif

Reactions: cy4prez7

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Think of it this way. Do you read the newspaper? Do you read news on yahoo or something? Even this website.

Now, when you read those sites there is a ton of bull**** that you don't care about. Celebrity marriage stuff, weather in locations you don't care about, sports news you aren't interested in.

If you are on twitter, you can follow people who exclusively post (tweet) about things that interest you. You follow Chris Williams, Ben Bruns, John Walters, ect for cyclone stuff and you get real time information constantly. Anthony Lazard committs? You get that info 10 minutes after it happens and you can go to CF to talk about it. That info wouldn't be available until the next day in newspapers and it takes a while to write an article about it.

There is also a lot of fun stuff and funny accounts out there that are really entertaining, and the best part is that if you don't think they are funny, you don't follow them and you don't have to deal with it. It is catered specifically to your needs and wants when it comes to news and entertainment.

It isn't just "Took the biggest dump this morning, you guys" "Just ate a banana everyone" that people think it is on the surface.

Reactions: je4cy23

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
What ripvdub said. It is incredible for getting news. Its a great way to get only the news you want and twitter tends to be faster with news than any other website. Plus you can see some pretty funny stuff on there. I never thought I would get into it like I have but I love it now.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Rhoadhoused has it right. Twitter is great for having a customized feed of things youre interested in. If your twitter feed sucks its entirely your fault for following the wrong people.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
Rhoadhoused has it right. Twitter is great for having a customized feed of things youre interested in. If your twitter feed sucks its entirely your fault for following the wrong people.

That's what lists are for!

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I created an account just to see what all the hub bub was about. Don't care to follow anyone. I don't need to know if ISU gets a commit 30 seconds after the ink is dry. I don't care what Ashton Kutcher or any celebrity/athlete has to say about the world. #IDONTCARE

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Following for news from CNN or ESPN is kind of nice though. it's not just about following celebrities, which is really stupid imo

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I don't tweet but I use it to follow my interests. It's a great way to sort out all the "crap" and just read what I want to. You can get news a lot faster on Twitter than anywhere else.

cymate

Oct 28, 2011
Ames, the labb
Ive had my twitter for about 4 years now, honestly its changed my way of getting news it is up to the second, makes sporting events about 10 times better, it actually makes everything better. But you have to make sure your using it correctly

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Ive had my twitter for about 4 years now, honestly its changed my way of getting news it is up to the second, makes sporting events about 10 times better, it actually makes everything better. But you have to make sure your using it correctly

This. It's changed the way I get information. I rarely go to ESPN.com, newspaper websites, etc. Just scroll through twitter and you'll have as much information as you want...the second it breaks.

It's also great to follow while watching sports (except for last night...that sucked).