Blog: Heartbreaker makes me optimistic for Big 12 play

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
Love the attitude of the guys after Hoiberg's remarks...they feel it. You can see it now that they were so close that they are NOT going to let this happen again. They believe in each other, and the trust is there - something that has been missing (or at least appeared to be).

I feel MUCH better about the team now - Texas better be ready for an athh-wuppin' on Saturday because it's going down at Hilton!

tee1up

Dec 29, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The tale of the season will be told Saturday. We play like we did tonight and we blow Texas out. The season turns positive and we finish top 3 in the conference. We revert to the way we played most of the year, we lose to Texas, and the season deteriorates. Can't wait for Saturday.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
CW why isn't that classless comment deleted from the comments on the article? If that kind of language is blocked from the message boards it certainly shouldn't stand on the comments to articles.

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv
Love the attitude of the guys after Hoiberg's remarks...they feel it. You can see it now that they were so close that they are NOT going to let this happen again. They believe in each other, and the trust is there - something that has been missing (or at least appeared to be).

this is exactly what i was going to post. players didn't seem fazed at all. king of a "meh, they got lucky" attitude.

hopefully this is the team we see the rest of the season.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Yes it was a heartbreaker but the team should have gained a lot of confidence from last night. Hoping we get a lot more out of Gibson and Booker now that we're thru with Withey for awhile. Very proud of Fred and the Clones and now see us having a chance to finish high in the conference.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
I spoke to Niang briefly after the game and he said "we will get them in Hilton and wait couple years, we will get them here too".

Love the kid. Probably one of the nicest kid I have met in my life.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Yes. This team has it. We will finish high in the Big 12, and we will dance. I'm comfortable saying that.

And Fred has only coached 2.5 years. Ever. The man is crazy talented, and easily developing into one of the best coaches and recruiters out there.

I am being honest when I say that there is not another coach out there that I would trade him for. He is a special guy doing special things. Really proud today.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I'm not normally one for moral victories but last night gave me confidence as well. And the guys seem to be using it as motivation rather than hanging their heads.

Is this becoming typical of Fred Hoiberg teams? Peaking during conference play? I hope so.