Who are these refs?!?!?!?

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
THere isn't anything too crazy, outside of the T. I wish we knew what the T was for but there was absolutely NOTHING that was shown on TV that would call for a T. As for the discrepency in the fouls: KU has players that can dribble-drive and penetrate. We don't. We are not a fould generating team like we were in the past (last year for example).

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
The officials are not good but who is tired of these KU hope they win, announcers? Surely they know to keep it neutral? Too bad about Niang's technical. No doubt they're trying to get in his head a little. He's playing great.

veryphil

Feb 24, 2012
Siracusa, ITA/Ames, IA
THere isn't anything too crazy, outside of the T. I wish we knew what the T was for but there was absolutely NOTHING that was shown on TV that would call for a T. As for the discrepency in the fouls: KU has players that can dribble-drive and penetrate. We don't. We are not a fould generating team like we were in the past (last year for example).

You're right. Also, KU is shooting the lights out from the field. Naturally they're beating us in the paint too.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
The technical was Georges saying "f you" to the player that bumped him. Again, only in Kansas
I am not going to gripe about the reffing, because it was out of line for Georges to say what he said. That said, a better way to have handled that was to blow the whistle, address both individuals involved (the KU player for a cheap shot & Georges for his retort), and tell them that any more of that bush league stuff will warrant a "T." But, alas, it is what it is. I am proud how our guys responded, however!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Our guys are driving and drawing fouls. Welcome to Phog. Everyone gets this treatment.

They tend to scrape their reffing crew from the crowd getting loaded at Rick's.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
You're right. Also, KU is shooting the lights out from the field. Naturally they're beating us in the paint too.

I will say that KU is getting the benefit of the doubt from the refs but any school with a good homecourt does. Minus the T (2 points) and McLemore's 2 rediculous 3's (he is 3-3 but 2 were unbelieveable shots), we'd be cruising. KU is good. Being down by only 4 when they are firing on all cylinders is impressive for us....especially with how turn-over prone and defense-lacking we normally are.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Couple real ticky tac fouls there, but overall not too bad.

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
Couple real ticky tac fouls there, but overall not too bad.

Are you ******* serious? The last 5 minutes of that second half was a complete joke. They were calling fouls when we didn't even ******* touch them. ******* HORRIBLE!!!

Cyclonefan89

Oct 25, 2010
Ankeny
Anybody else think the refs did a great job tonight?
I thought they had a few no calls, but it went both ways.
Only call I didn't like was the foul on Babb on that 4 point play.

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Anybody else think the refs did a great job tonight?
I thought they had a few no calls, but it went both ways.
Only call I didn't like was the foul on Babb on that 4 point play.

Apparently you missed Johnson tackling Lucious at the beginning of OT??

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron