ISU/KU on TV Wednesday

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
The ISU at KU MBB game will be on ESPNU for the Eastern half of the U.S. starting at 6 p.m. Central. It will be blacked out on ESPN3.com for the Eastern part of the U.S. The game will be on both ESPNU and ESPN3.com in the Western half of the U.S. at the same time. Check the blackout map on ESPN3.com to see where you can view it.

The ISU WBB game at Baylor will be on Channel 173 Mediacom (FCSC) Wednesday night at 7 p.m. Central. I'm not sure about the other carriers.

Last edited:

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
The ISU at KU MBB game will be on ESPNU for the Eastern half of the U.S. starting at 6 p.m. Central. It will be blacked out on ESPN3.com for the Eastern part of the U.S. The game will be on both ESPNU and ESPN3.com in the Western half of the U.S. at the same time. Check the blackout map on ESPN3.com to see where you can view it.

The ISU WBB game at Baylor will be on Channel 173 Mediacom Wednesday night at 7 p.m. Central. I'm not sure about the other carriers.

Will I be able to get it on ESPN3 in Ames?

D

DistrictCyclone

The ISU WBB game at Baylor will be on Channel 173 Mediacom Wednesday night at 7 p.m. Central. I'm not sure about the other carriers.

Ugh. Maybe a bar will carry it. Thanks for posting this.

Is there any way to change the ticker at the bottom of the page to basketball? Sorry if this is posted elsewhere.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
ESPNU is the channel for several games. Hopefully ESPN3 isn't blacked out for all of them.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
ESPNU is the channel for several games. Hopefully ESPN3 isn't blacked out for all of them.

From that link, I believe it will be blacked out for all of them. Under the map, it mentioned that ESPN3 is now a network dedicated to original programming. Things we used to watch on ESPN3 are possibly available on WatchESPN.

I don't think we'll see anything broadcast on ESPN3.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
do you know how much mediacom charges to get the package with espnu?

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
What is strange though is that if you look at the map......half the country will still get it on ESPNU and ESPN3.com. I guess I don't understand why the Western part of the country can still get it online and the rest can't.

D

DistrictCyclone

From that link, I believe it will be blacked out for all of them. Under the map, it mentioned that ESPN3 is now a network dedicated to original programming. Things we used to watch on ESPN3 are possibly available on WatchESPN.

I don't think we'll see anything broadcast on ESPN3.

I hope you're wrong; that's such a raw deal for fans.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
do you know how much mediacom charges to get the package with espnu?

I think there are 3 levels..starting at like 7.95/month up to 17.95/month. I got the middle one for like 13.95 per month. I think ESPNU might be available on the first level, but I'm not sure. Best thing to do is just call them.

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
I think there are 3 levels..starting at like 7.95/month up to 17.95/month. I got the middle one for like 13.95 per month. I think ESPNU might be available on the first level, but I'm not sure. Best thing to do is just call them.

If its 8 dollars a month ill definitely look into it. I assume a majority of our conference games will be on ESPN U correct?

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
If its 8 dollars a month ill definitely look into it. I assume a majority of our conference games will be on ESPN U correct?

Not according to the schedule. Six are on ESPNU. Eight will be on Big 12.....whatever that means. Two will be on ESPN2. One will be on ESPN, and one will be on ESPN or ESPN2. Not sure where the Big 12 tourney will be brodcast.

Does anyone know what it means when it just says "Big 12" for tv cooverage?

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Not according to the schedule. Six are on ESPNU. Eight will be on Big 12.....whatever that means. Two will be on ESPN2. One will be on ESPN, and one will be on ESPN or ESPN2. Not sure where the Big 12 tourney will be brodcast.

Does anyone know what it means when it just says "Big 12" for tv cooverage?

I believe Big 12 means local affiliate. Which would be ABC in Des Moines and Ames.