Forget football...it's basketball time. Conference Predicitons

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Tough loss today, but it's time to support the basketball program.

What is everyone's predictions for the conference season. Got 10-8 and getting an 11 seed.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Just flipped to ESPN2 and they were talking ISU's chances of making the tourney. I was surprised we were in the conversation at this point, but it was nice to hear that. Unfortunately they then mentioned the debacle that occurred on ESPN.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
I've seen nothing so far that leads me to believe we are anywhere close to having NCAA tournament potential. The newcomers are vastly over-rated and the best hustler doesn't even start.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Just flipped to ESPN2 and they were talking ISU's chances of making the tourney. I was surprised we were in the conversation at this point, but it was nice to hear that. Unfortunately they then mentioned the debacle that occurred on ESPN.

Iowa State would be a bubble team as of today. Think 10 should barely get us in mostly to the conference reputation. 11 should lock it in.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
I've seen nothing so far that leads me to believe we are anywhere close to having NCAA tournament potential. The newcomers are vastly over-rated and the best hustler doesn't even start.

Way to be dramatic, all of our losses were away from home and against good teams. Two of them have great shots at the sweet 16 and the other was against an improved heated rival at their place where they almost just beat Indiana. I will be shocked if we lose more than 2 games at home. Get some decent road wins and we will be sitting fine.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Way to be dramatic, all of our losses were away from home and against good teams. Two of them have great shots at the sweet 16 and the other was against an improved heated rival at their place where they almost just beat Indiana. I will be shocked if we lose more than 2 games at home. Get some decent road wins and we will be sitting fine.
WE have no go to guy at the end of close games. It will be tough.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
We have no bad losses. Granted we don't have a lot of great wins to point to, but there's not shame in losing ot Cinci on a neutral court, UNLV in Vegas, and Iowa in IC. Iowa nearly beat #5 Indiana today, and they appear to be legit and will have a better than 50/50 shot at the tourney, IMO.

D

DistrictCyclone

B12 standings:

1. Kansas
2. Baylor
3. Texas
4. Oklahoma State
5. Iowa State
6. Kansas State
7. Oklahoma
8. West Virginia
9. Texas Tech
10. Texas Christian

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
ellen? Is it really you??

I'm with you, Cash. Let's move on from this beatdown and focus on basketball.

yeah he's still a bit butthurt, give him some time.

This might be the first time you agree with me. Time for a screen shot.

D

DistrictCyclone

Ellen, I admit that I watched the end of the Indiana game instead of the bowl game and I cheered for the Hoosiers, but sorry for your loss.

Also, why did hok get banned from HN? That JonDMiller is more like a prison warden than a moderator; guy doesn't let anyone have fun on his little site.