****Official Working from home Thread****

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I'm curious, with you guys being lucky enough to work from home; what is your job title. I'd love to work from my place.
Business Analysis - Lead, I have VPN access to the office. A lot in our company work remotely on a permanent basis too.

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I am unofficially working from home today. Only half of my staff made it in. My boss made it in. Most of our operations are closed so for the most part I am just answering emails and making phone calls. I figure it all evens out as I have put in plenty of 10 hr days, weekend stuff, etc without being compensated. My boss knows that and doesn't freak out. So if I take a nap or watch Sesame St. with my son I don't feel too guilty. Only my second time of not being able to make it to work due to weather in almost fifteen years.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
IT. I'm working from home until noon.

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
Who the hell do you guys work for, Ebanizer Scrooge? Jesus who wants to travel in this stuff. Im settling in at home to a nice pile of paper work and snow blowing. Oh fyi a Land Surveyor.

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
I'm a grad student, and most of my work involves computer programming (doing CT reconstructions). Once I download a few gigabytes of test data from my computer on campus I'm ready to roll at home.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
I work from home about three days a week and today was a scheduled day to work from already. I am pretty sure our departments senior staff is all working from one because when we had our staff call this morning, most people mentioned they weren't in the office.

My job is Senior Actuary, but our entire company is set up to be able to work remotely if needed.

cloneluke80

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
IT, i actually work from home better than the office, in the office, people just walk up and distract me with their problems, so working from home, I can do my work.. I dont think I would want to work from home every day though, it would be boring... Its nice once in a while. My problem is I am also on call and get called at all hours of the night then I have to log in and fix stuff from home in the middle of the night...

Help Support Us

Become a patron