Warning signs of the Mayan apocalypse

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I hope I don't have to jimlad this - what signs have you seen that the Mayan apocalypse might just be true?

1. I cooked Chex mix in the oven this weekend, and just made macaroni and cheese. That means I cooked twice in the same week.

2. Snowpocalypse.

3. There was a student on Duff Ave who actually went to the crosswalk to cross the street, rather than darting across through traffic.

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
Mayan apocalypse didn't predict a freaking blizzard as the way we go out... I call shenanigans.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Mayan apocalypse didn't predict a freaking blizzard as the way we go out... I call shenanigans.

Maybe they only predicted their local apocalypses, like a regional weather forecast.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I hope I don't have to jimlad this - what signs have you seen that the Mayan apocalypse might just be true?

1. I cooked Chex mix in the oven this weekend, and just made macaroni and cheese. That means I cooked twice in the same week.

2. Snowpocalypse.

3. There was a student on Duff Ave who actually went to the crosswalk to cross the street, rather than darting across through traffic.

1. Didn't get yelled at by my boss today

2. Iowa State has stolen recruits from Nebraska (Lanning) Boise State/Penn State (Wimberley) Oklahoma (Bibbs) Iowa (Coe) and Missouri (Campos) for 2013 alone.

3. Got a haircut today from the worst barber ever who could barely speak english, but that didn't stop her from talking about her family, my colic, and how important education is and how proud of me she is that I go to ISU.

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
Maybe they only predicted their local apocalypses, like a regional weather forecast.
It was 88 and sunny in the former capital city of the Mayan Empire today... pretty much everyday weather in the Yucatan Peninsula. For some reason, I get this gut feeling the Mayans were wrong.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
1. Didn't get yelled at by my boss today

2. Iowa State has stolen recruits from Nebraska (Lanning) Boise State/Penn State (Wimberley) Oklahoma (Bibbs) Iowa (Coe) and Missouri (Campos) for 2013 alone.

3. Got a haircut today from the worst barber ever who could barely speak english, but that didn't stop her from talking about her family, my colic, and how important education is and how proud of me she is that I go to ISU.

But how did your hair look?!

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I am having a kid in January. No sane world would allow that to happen... Sorry folks I doomed us!

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
My coffee-addicted stepfather-in-law told us that he hardly drinks coffee anymore. (might actually be the heart procedure coming up beginning of January actually)