Worst towns in Iowa

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Many towns in Iowa have been passed by mother time and left by the wayside. These towns may be depressing, run-down, desolate, or flat out boring.r.. maybe all four. Which town do you think is THE worst town in Iowa?

Trainer

Oct 20, 2009
SPOILER ALERT!
We did this last year and decided on Ottumwa.
SPOILER ALERT!

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Well maybe Ottumwa wasn't the worst town this year. They might have done something to improve or maybe another city did something worse to move up.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
Being from eastern iowa I feel there are too many to choose from over there...

Cedar Rapids. everything along HWY 30 East of CR. Every town along the mississippi. there's a lot of trashy crapiness going on over there.

to be honest, I think the Iowa City area (IC, coralville, North liberty) is one of the few okay places to live in eastern Iowa. besides all the haweye people of course.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
One of the funniest threads ever started about kids throwing rocks from a bridge onto the interstate somewhere in Des Moines...yet the thread evolved into a very entertaining defense of a small central Iowa town when someone's feelings got hurt. Can't remember the town in that thread though...it was hilarious! Was it Woodward or Granger...anyone remember that thread?

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Cedar Rapids. everything along HWY 30 East of CR. Every town along the mississippi. there's a lot of trashy crapiness going on over there.

Well I like Dubuque although there can be some rough parts, but I wasn't too impressed with Burlington when I had to stay there a week.

is09span

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
I grew up in Des Moines and I have lived in Muscatine for the past 7 months. It's pretty bad over here.... Good thing I'm moving today.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Many towns in Iowa have been passed by mother time and left by the wayside. These towns may be depressing, run-down, desolate, or flat out boring.r.. maybe all four. Which town do you think is THE worst town in Iowa?

I must have missed time having a sex change... first I have ever heard of it being referred to as a female. Father time was cool, played baseball, drank beer, real down to earth stuff, I don't see him having that surgery... but weirder things have happened lately I suppose.

In response to the question: If you want a run down town look no further than Clinton, IA.