Stats through 3 games:

Code:
Athlete   G FG  FG   FG % 3 pt 3 pt 3 pt  FT  FT   FT % Pts Pts/G
            Att Made      Att  Made %     Att Made
Peter Jok 3 57  29   50.9 19   7    36.8  18  17   94.4 82  27.3

(hopefully formatted nicely)

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
From what I've heard, Jok has a "handler" that is VERY involved in his life (and during his recruiting) and Fred and Co. steered clear.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Is there some kind of rule that allows only one good shooter to be recruited in one year? Seems to me that I'd want as many good shooters as I could get.

For some reason Cyclone fans think getting one player is mutually exclusive of getting another. They don't even play the same position. If someone said, I'd rather have Hogue, there's an argument to be had there. But to say since we have Thomas, that we don't want or need other shooters is silly, IMO.

For the record, I think I would rather have Jok, who is from Iowa and has 4 years to play, rather than Hogue, who has 2 years, and seems to struggle to shoot. I'm surprised with Fred's love of the 3 ball that we went that route, but he certainly knows more than I. Just seems like there is more upside with Jok, but apparently Hogue's pretty good defensively.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
For some reason Cyclone fans think getting one player is mutually exclusive of getting another. They don't even play the same position. If someone said, I'd rather have Hogue, there's an argument to be had there. But to say since we have Thomas, that we don't want or need other shooters is silly, IMO.

For the record, I think I would rather have Jok, who is from Iowa and has 4 years to play, rather than Hogue, who has 2 years, and seems to struggle to shoot. I'm surprised with Fred's love of the 3 ball that we went that route, but he certainly knows more than I. Just seems like there is more upside with Jok, but apparently Hogue's pretty good defensively.

Hogue is a slasher and makes a living at the line. I'd say we could use that because we almost always have shooters. I've been keeping an eye on hogue and he shoots tons of free throws.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I am glad we are at that point in the year where we have lost all faith in the staff. Fred and company may have done well last year, but now they clearly don't know what they are doing. Jok is the greatest player ever. Who cares if he doesn't have the handle people on this board claim, can't rebound against kids 6" shorter, and has no chance to defend his own position at the next level. Who cares if Fred thought we had enough shooters with SDW and Thomas and wanted wings that could be multiple position defenders with good size to boot. Jok should be a Cyclone, because he is going to Iowa, and after their win everything they have is clearly better than ours.

Oct 18, 2011
Sure, he scores a lot of points, which is good, but he shoots a ton, plays poor defense, hogs the ball, and is very reckless at some points. He's like Kale Abrahamson last year, of course you will score a bunch of points if you're the only show in town on your team. I would say he controls a majority of valley's possessions, and in the 3 games I've watched, he's gotten like ~5 boards per and not any assists as far as I could tell. I have been to like 3 of his games this year, as well.

LOL. He's shooting 50% from the field. If anything he's too unselfish and doesn't shoot enough. He's far and away the best player on his team so it's no surprise the offense runs through him......."hogs the ball"....that's funny.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
The great Jok couldn't even get his team to state tonight. Pretty awesome too because he lost to his old teammates at Roosevelt. Karma got him bad. Funny that all those Iowa fans won't be able to see him play in the well next week.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
The great Jok couldn't even get his team to state tonight. Pretty awesome too because he lost to his old teammates at Roosevelt. Karma got him bad. Funny that all those Iowa fans won't be able to see him play in the well next week.

Pretty funny stuff. Funny Horner went down as well with him. Crappy coach that recruits kids to his high school