We are fine!

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
I repeat, we are fine. We actually played better against better teams in Cinn and UNLV, but we will be fine. Think of this as our Drake game from last year -- a big wake up call.

The Drake game was a turning point in our season last year and I feel this will be a turning point in this season.

jimmycy

Apr 19, 2006
I repeat, we are fine. We actually played better against better teams in Cinn and UNLV, but we will be fine. Think of this as our Drake game from last year -- a big wake up call.

The Drake game was a turning point in our season last year and I feel this will be a turning point in this season.
Give me some of what you are smoking

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

I totally agree, but losing to them is irritating to say the least

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX

So who's gonna turn into Royce White?

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
Remember a guy named Chris Allen? Went roughly 2-15 in the Drake game? How did he turn out?

Remember a guy named Royce White?(not saying we have anyone that closely resembles his game) but how did he turn out after that game?

Remember a guy named Scott C? Whom didn't shoot more than 5-7 shots a game until after Drake? How did he turn out?

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
We are not an 8 seed in the NCAA or 3rd best B12 team, but we are a good team....we are just not playing as a team right now. Everyone overreacts after a loss, but we will be fine.

jr4cy

Nov 13, 2008

Yes, I'm sure Freddy is telling his team just this. We are FINE.......ummm, no. This team looked like **** vs. Cinn, UNLV and now Iowa. I hope someone on Freddy's coaching staff will get after these players bc they are running wild. Shooting 3's whenever they please and turning the ball over like no other.

Good thing the Big 12 is down this year, otherwise it will be a long season. Our athletic ability will win us game, but our coaching is what is killing our team right now......

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
Yes, I'm sure Freddy is telling his team just this. We are FINE.......ummm, no. This team looked like **** vs. Cinn, UNLV and now Iowa. I hope someone on Freddy's coaching staff will get after these players bc they are running wild. Shooting 3's whenever they please and turning the ball over like no other.

Good thing the Big 12 is down this year, otherwise it will be a long season. Our athletic ability will win us game, but our coaching is what is killing our team right now......
Tallman, we are going to shoot 20+ 3-pointers a game, that is how this team is built. We shoot 40% and we win most games. Tonight we shot close to 30% and had 19 TOs and STILL had a shot at this game.

We make 2+ more 3-pointers and this is a different ball game. I know that is all coulda/woulda talk, but thats how this team is built.

Remember what its like to get a large lead on teams like kansas and texas only to have some asshat drain 2 or 3 3-pointers in a row to cut the lead to 0? Thats how this team is built, we just didnt make the shots tonight.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Here is what is causing me some concern.....

Last year, just like this year we had PG problems. The difference is that I'm not seeing a 1st round NBA draft choice (who is probably a lottery pick if he doesn't have off the court issues) that can step up and play the point at 6'8" 270. Clyburn's handles are not even close to Royce's.

I think PG problems will plague us all year. I do think KL will get a little better, but we just don't seem to have a go-to guy that can step it up when needed.

With that said, this might be the worst the B12 has ever been, so anything is possible.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

Your period button is stuck, get it fixed.

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007

Drake was not the turning point last year. We were still a trainwreck after that game. Lost to UNI at Hilton, blown out by Michigan, close games against ****** mid-majors.

The two point win over MVSU was the turning point. The team got their act together after that.

We're better than we were at this point last year. The only problem is, I'm not sure we have a guy like Royce.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Here is what is causing me some concern.....

Last year, just like this year we had PG problems. The difference is that I'm not seeing a 1st round NBA draft choice (who is probably a lottery pick if he doesn't have off the court issues) that can step up and play the point at 6'8" 270. Clyburn's handles are not even close to Royce's.

I think PG problems will plague us all year. I do think KL will get a little better, but we just don't seem to have a go-to guy that can step it up when needed.

With that said, this might be the worst the B12 has ever been, so anything is possible.

I agree the lack of a go-to player will be a problem. I think Tyrus can be that guy though. Hopefully he can develop into one.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We need to improve a ton. It starts on turnovers. Good teams do not average 16 turnovers.

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
Drake was not the turning point last year. We were still a trainwreck after that game. Lost to UNI at Hilton, blown out by Michigan, close games against ****** mid-majors.

The two point win over MVSU was the turning point. The team got their act together after that.

We're better than we were at this point last year. The only problem is, I'm not sure we have a guy like Royce.
sorry, the turning point of the turning point..?

Point being, we had a team of misfits, trying to figure out their roles. Same can be said of this year's team, waiting for that one guy(s) to step up as the game time leader. After BYU, thought it might be Clyburn, but he def took a backseat tonight.

The major problem is, you dont want your point guard to also be your go-to-guy. You want the PG to distribute, and make openings, for you go-to-guy.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Bold prediction of the year: Clyburn will not score 0 in any game the rest of the way