Paul Rhoads to Iowa State?

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
It seems like this guy is being mentioned for every coaching vacancy out there, any chance we make a play for him? Apparently he took a perenial bottom-dweller to bowls in 3 of the last 4 years, imagine what he could do with a team like ours coming of a couple of 6-6 seasons!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cycsk and kilroy
D

DistrictCyclone

It seems liek this guy is being mentioned for every coaching vacancy out there, any chanc we make a play for him? Apparently he took a perenial bottom-dweller to bowls in 3 of the last 4 years, imagine what he could do with a team like ours coming of a couple of 6-6 seasons!

Not enough gas to make it here.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I heard this rumor, not sure it has any legs. I don't think we have the facilities, but maybe the commitment is there from our AD.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
I know it's probably a long shot, what with his name being mentioned with the likes of Nebraska and Wisconsin, but I've been pretty impressed with Pollard's ability to lure in coaching canidates.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
It seems liek this guy is being mentioned for every coaching vacancy out there, any chanc we make a play for him? Apparently he took a perenial bottom-dweller to bowls in 3 of the last 4 years, imagine what he could do with a team like ours coming of a couple of 6-6 seasons!

Not happening ISU = coaching graveyard.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
To keep getting waaay ahead of myself here, I thought of a cheesy nickname. What if we referred to him as Coach Paul Rhoads, CPR for short....then in a few years we could look back at how he "breathed" life into our program. Real cheesy, I know, but ESPN likes cheesy stories like that.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
To keep getting waaay ahead of myself here, I thought of a cheesy nickname. What if we referred to him as Coach Paul Rhoads, CPR for short....then in a few years we could look back at how he "breathed" life into our program. Real cheesy, I know, but ESPN likes cheesy stories like that.

He could be a youtube sensation.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
Dave McCartney, Turner Gill, and Billy Gillespie are also on the list of candidates with Paul Rhoads. Hopefully Iowa State gets their man!

Turner Gill wins a championship in the next 5 years, bet on it.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Dave McCartney, Turner Gill, and Billy Gillespie are also on the list of candidates with Paul Rhoads. Hopefully Iowa State gets their man!

Look at what Gill did at Buffalo!

#epichire

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
I don't think our program is the right fit. He would never be proud of coaching at iowa state

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron