Could Melvin Ejim eclipse the 1000 point total this season?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I believe Melvin Ejim has a career estimate point total in the 720's (not
sure of exact total.)
Got to be honest, Melvin Ejim could
very well be our best player in a long time. Frankly, I don't think it is out of
the realm putting Ejim in with such
Cyclone greats as Marcus Fizer,
Dedric Willoughby, Jeff Grayer, Barry
Stevens, Jeff Hornacek...you know
where I am going with this Cyclone
Hall of Famers. You throw in Melvin's
accademic acolades, and I'm sure that
won't hurt.

Can you imagine if Melvin went down with an injury and was out for the season, (God forbid!) we would be royally screwed!! Bye-bye postseason.

Last edited:

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I believe Melvin Ejim has a career estimate point total in the 720's (not sure of exact total.
Got to be honest, Melvin Ejim could very well be our best player in a long time. Frankly, I don't think it is out of the realm putting Ejim in with such Cyclone greats as Marcus Fizer, Dedric Willoughby, Jeff Grayer, Barry Stevens, Jeff Hornacek...you know where I am going with this Cyclone Hall of Famers. You through in Melvin's accademic acolades, sure that won't hurt.

Can you imagine if Melvin went down with an injury and was out for the season, (God forbid!) we would be royally screwed!! Bye-bye postseason.

Great. You just jinxed us. I hope you weren't the guy that started the thread about the football team not having injuries...

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I believe Melvin Ejim has a career estimate point total in the 720's (not sure of exact total.
Got to be honest, Melvin Ejim could very well be our best player in a long time. Frankly, I don't think it is out of the realm putting Ejim in with such Cyclone greats as Marcus Fizer, Dedric Willoughby, Jeff Grayer, Barry Stevens, Jeff Hornacek...you know where I am going with this Cyclone Hall of Famers. You through in Melvin's accademic acolades, sure that won't hurt.

Can you imagine if Melvin went down with an injury and was out for the season, (God forbid!) we would be royally screwed!! Bye-bye postseason

Are you ******* kidding me? Why would you say that? **** you.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
If he is at 720 I would think that would be quite a strech but will pass it sometime next season in the non-conference part of the season.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
sure of exact total.)
very well be our best player in a long time. Frankly, I don't think it is out of
won't hurt.

Love Ejim

But your entire post is ridiculous.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I was just trying to prove a point about the importance of Melvin Ejim.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I think of Melvin as more of a Rahshon Clark-type popularity-wise - he will be remembered more by this current group of students than the average ISU fan. Rahshon is by far my favorite ISU player because of what I saw him do when I was a student - and I think Melvin fits more into this category than "the greats." If you asked someone in 10 years to list the top ISU players I would bet Melvin would be just inside the top 20.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Couldn't have stated it any better. I absolutely agree with you!

I think of Melvin as more of a Rahshon Clark-type popularity-wise - he will be remembered more by this current group of students than the average ISU fan. Rahshon is by far my favorite ISU player because of what I saw him do when I was a student - and I think Melvin fits more into this category than "the greats." If you asked someone in 10 years to list the top ISU players I would bet Melvin would be just inside the top 20.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
sure of exact total.)
won't hurt.

He is a great role player. Your comparisons are ridiculous.

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009
sure of exact total.)
won't hurt.

Is that Haiku?

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
melvin's cousin is a good friend of mine here in albuquerque. he says that one of melvin's younger brothers might move to albuquerque and play ball then possibly play for new mexico at the collegiate level, but apparently he loves ISU. not sure the brothers name. my friend got melvin to mail an autographed practice shirt to him that he gave to me. autographed by last years team plus coach hoiberg. pretty sweet even though it is really big

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Well, we need Nallen to break it down game by game to see how many points Melvin needs to score each game to break the 1000 point barrier this season. I am sure he is just licking his chops over this one!

If he is at 720 I would think that would be quite a strech but will pass it sometime next season in the non-conference part of the season.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
He is 283 points away from 1,000.

Unless something unexpected happens, yes, I think he will get it.

Melvin averaging 11.1 ppg. He is 176 shy of 1,000 points. If I am calculating everything correctly, at this pace, he will be 21 points shy going into the postseason.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Thanks. Interesting calculations. But, you got to figure Melvin is going to bust out a few 20 point games this season. That would help..Could even drop a 30 point game (maybe I'm dreamin').
Melvin averaging 11.1 ppg. He is 176 shy of 1,000 points. If I am calculating everything correctly, at this pace, he will be 21 points shy going into the postseason.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
He has 821 career points, so he needs 179 the rest of the year, with a minimum of 15 game left he would need to average a shade under 12 to get it.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Thanks. Interesting calculations. But, you got to figure Melvin is going to bust out a few 20 point games this season. That would help..Could even drop a 30 point game (maybe I'm dreamin').

You are unless he gets smoking hot and the opponent has decided they will live with him scoring. He grabs a bunch of hustle points but he's not going to explode for 30 I don't think.