CRPD shoot, kill woman after car chase

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
stupid. Drawing a gun on police = getting shot. Damn near every time.

There's a Cedar Rapids, General Mills, "cereal killer" joke to be made here. I'll let you all put together the pieces.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I'm sure the civil rights activists are licking their chops. "Well the cops could'a/should'a done this instead..."

If I'm a cop and you point a gun at me and I have a wife and kids at home, I'm making damn sure that I am the one going home that night, not you.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I'm sure the civil rights activists are licking their chops. "Well the cops could'a/should'a done this instead..."

If I'm a cop and you point a gun at me and I have a wife and kids at home, I'm making damn sure that I am the one going home that night, not you.

Respectfully, do you know more about this situation than what is published? I agree with your second statement but at the same time there certainly have been cases where police officers have unnecessarily fired their weapons (not suggesting this was the case in CR last night). This will be interesting to read about as more info is released. No matter what...sad for a lot of people (including the officers who had to discharge their weapons)!

Last edited:

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Obviously need to know more, but why in the world would you EVER actually or pretend to show a firearm when you are being pulled over by the cops?

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Obviously need to know more, but why in the world would you EVER actually or pretend to show a firearm when you are being pulled over by the cops?

You might want to sit down, this may blow your mind: people are stupid. Incredibly, unforgivably stupid.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Obviously the situation needs to be fully investigated, but the officers have few choices once a gun is drawn

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Not much good happens around that part of town after dark...especially that late.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Another example of nothing good happens after midnight.

3am having a gun in your car, running from the police = you probably did something bad.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron