Powerball at $500+ million

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
For tomorrow's drawing. If you won, what is the first thing you'd do?

I'd hit the first flight from DSM to Vegas (after putting the ticket in a safe deposit box of course).

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Build a theme park for people who are afraid of heights.

Reactions: Doc

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
On my list of ways to spend it, bowling in the end zone would be about 1,509th on the list.

The first thing I'd do is hire security.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Build a full size Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Move to a community of other millionaires so i blend in. but i feel that i would get bored and my liver wouldn't be able to hold up.

so I would.

stay here, buy ownership in the company i work at but only 20 hours a week and work my golf game. too young to retire, but don't want to work 50+ hr weeks anymore.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Assuming $250 million lump sum after taxes... Pay off all our family's debt, plus all my brother's and parent's debt, plus all my brother-in-law's and parent-in-law's debt. Sock a bunch away for nice early retirement and daughters' tuition. Possibly start my own business. Lead donor for south endzone. Might build a new house. Buy a boat. If there's anything left, two chicks at the same time.

junckerl

Feb 18, 2009
Saint Anthony
Assuming $250 million lump sum after taxes... Pay off all our family's debt, plus all my brother's and parent's debt, plus all my brother-in-law's and parent-in-law's debt. Sock a bunch away for nice early retirement and daughters' tuition. Possibly start my own business. Lead donor for south endzone. Might build a new house. Buy a boat. If there's anything left, two chicks at the same time.

So I take it everything up to and including "Buy a boat" would cost about $249 million leaving you with $1 Million

oskyclone

Apr 13, 2006
Altoona
I would probably wait the whole period dof time they allow to claim the winner, then get a lawyer?accountant, pay off all my student debt along with the wife's debt, build a modest house out in country somewhere between Des Moines and Ames, then I would be talking to Mr. Pollard about some improvements for all sports facilities and give a hefty donation for years to come. I would then donate a small chunk to the University itself for academics. As for working, I would probably quit my job and travel to every home and away game for the Cyclones in football and basketball and become a season ticket holder for the Cubs. The rest the wife gets.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron