Will You Buy Season Tickets Next Year?

Express yourself:

• I bought season tickets this year and will next year no matter what.

Votes: 112 46.7%
  • I bought season tickets this year and will be buying none or fewer next year if Mac is coach.

Votes: 48 20.0%
  • I didn't buy season tickets this year but I'm thinking about it next year because Mac is so awesome.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I bought single game tickets this year and will not be next year if Mac is coach.

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • I will be buying the same number of single game tickets or more next year if Mac is coach.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I didn't attend any games this year but might next year if there is a new coach.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • I'll probably buy the same number of tickets next year no matter what happens.

Votes: 35 14.6%

• Total voters

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I've seen several comments from people that they would not be buying season tickets next year if Mac is coach. I'm interested in seeing people's take on this in poll form.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Yes, I would if we get the student rate since the coaching looks like they are being schooled in our last few games.

mbecker

Apr 11, 2006
I will buy season tickets no matter what happens....but then again I get the student rate. Go Cyclones

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I'll probably be studying abroad next fall, so it'd be sort of foolish for me to buy tickets. ;) But I probably wouldn't buy season tickets unless we're under new leadership, or significant changes are made to the coaching staff.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Did we ever sell out those 7.700 student tickets? Never heard the final answer.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I don't think they got officially sold out, but I'll bet a lot of singles were sold for the UNI and Nebraska games. It's kind of depressing to see how many people are posting fliers trying to sell student tickets around campus.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
I would put a vote under "I didn't buy season tickets this year but will next year since we have such a great home schedule." You were close with the one option minus the Mac is so great part. I was on that wagon earlier but am now off of it but am buying season tickets next year just because of the teams that come to Ames and the chance that they are good games.

darts180

Apr 12, 2006
I have season tickets, and I am looking to give them away for the Kansas game. I will never buy season tickets again as long as Mac is the coach.

kcolthoff

Mar 18, 2006
Visit site
Just remember you will be paying substantially more next year for your tickets.
JP is such a big proponent of customer service etc. I wonder how he feels now about cornering people into increased donor levels for parking, raising ticket prices with a hideous product being so out of touch with the bathroom situation they wait until there will be no need the last 2 games for an added mens room.
If you were making a "GOOD" business or "Family" decision and not one of the heart why would you spend/waste the money?

field33

Apr 20, 2006
MO
I live in New Hampshire and have not had season tickets since '98 when I was in school. I have not been to a game in recent years because I am not a fan of Mac. I will buy two season tickets next year (maybe attend one game and donate the rest) if Mac is fired.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Just remember you will be paying substantially more next year for your tickets.
JP is such a big proponent of customer service etc. I wonder how he feels now about cornering people into increased donor levels for parking, raising ticket prices with a hideous product being so out of touch with the bathroom situation they wait until there will be no need the last 2 games for an added mens room.
If you were making a "GOOD" business or "Family" decision and not one of the heart why would you spend/waste the money?

I've had five season tickets for the past four years. I'm inclined to buy them again next season (regardless of the coaching staff) since we have such a good time as a family, but that letter sent out early in the year has me concerned. It mentions significant increases but doesn't specify the amount. I'd be hard-pressed to pay $250 per ticket if DMac is still the coach given the disappointment he's dealt over the past three years. I want my kids (12, 11 & 10) to enjoy and be proud of their ISU affiliation, not be embarassed by it!

Cy Heavy

Aug 29, 2006
Ankeny
It really doesn't matter who is coach next year-I don't envision shelling out several hundred dollars again for season tickets to the same slop I have had to witness this year. I'll tailgate at every game and likely buy a few single game tickets.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I don't think I can see myself buying season tickets again next year if Mac is coach. The biggest reason is that the games are not very fun. I go there and get so pissed off at the ****** coaching. It would be cheaper to just stay home and punch myself in the balls.
The second reason is that I am convinced that a new coaching staff will do more to further this program along than my ticket revenues. Unfortunatelly it may take a hit to the later to accomplish the former. It would make more sense to me to make a qualified donation to the Hilton renovations, or even to CF.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
IF you are a CYCLONE FAN, you will buy tickets regardless of if Mac is the coach or not because you love the Cyclones. To boycott because of what you think the leadership should do?? ....WELL.... we don't need fans like that......See Ya

This post is ONLY for the fans(or so called fans) who use the only reason for buying season tickets on if Mac is there or not, not for those with distance or money or other issues.

cybot

Apr 14, 2006
Nice to see everyone jumping on my bandwagon. I've said this before the season about Mac. I always buy 4 season tickets. I've been saying to get rid of Mac for 3 years. All I have gotten for it is 4 little red squares under may screen name.

btw, I'm buying 4 more season tickets next year no matter who is the coach. I just hope it not Mac.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
I paid $5 for a ticket vs TTech and next week I will pay $5 too. Those are the only two games I will attend this year [Kansas and TTech]. Next year I wont buy season tickets because I know we will be horrible and will continue to buy tickets for $5. And that is why I love ISU and hope DMac stays so tickets will be cheap and I can sit wherever I like.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I want the team to succeed and always will, but watching the team flounder under frustrating and incompetent leadership is just not something I think I can keep paying money to see.

Another way to look at it is this, how will my money be best spent? If we work on the assumption that I will donate X amount of dollars towards ISU athletics next year (given this is a questionable assumption) then my money will go farther towards making ISU athletics successful if it is directed towards an up and coming basketball or wrestling program than it will keeping the incompentent leadership of a floundering football team in place.