what happened on the non td pass to lenz late in the game?

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv
looked good from the upper deck, replay didn't show much. did lenz drop it? catch out of bounds? bobble it? even the cannon guy was certain it was a TD.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
The pass-catching rule seems inconsistent to me. On a running play, the instant the ball crosses the goal line, it is a TD. If the runner hits the ground and the ball pops out, it doesn't matter. It seems then, that once a receiver has the ball in his grasp, gets a foot down, and is not bobbling the ball, I think it should be a TD. Why should a runner be allowed to lose the ball after hitting the ground, but not a receiver?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The pass-catching rule seems inconsistent to me. On a running play, the instant the ball crosses the goal line, it is a TD. If the runner hits the ground and the ball pops out, it doesn't matter. It seems then, that once a receiver has the ball in his grasp, gets a foot down, and is not bobbling the ball, I think it should be a TD. Why should a runner be allowed to lose the ball after hitting the ground, but not a receiver?
A runner already has possession before reaching the end zone.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We diid not pay the refs or replay people enough money or CF credits this year. Maybe, JP can fix it Chizlike style next year.

IowaStFB

Aug 23, 2009
It was a great play by the defender as he knocked it out right as Lenz was coming down. Not a drop at all.

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO

It's consistent with whether a pass would be ruled incomplete or a catch and fumble in the field of play. If the receiver had the ball in his grasp momentarily on the field and then it's knocked away, it's not a fumble, it's incomplete.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron