We will not take the next step until...

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
We protect Jack Trice Stadium in conference.

1-4 Big 12 record in Jack Trice.

Unacceptable to get to the next level.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Demoralizing for the crowd to see big plays be given right as the stadium is at its loudest. Seems to have happened almost every game this year.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Student turnout was PATHETIC. Worst I've seen in years.

Recruits will see Sunshine as our qb going forward and join. We'll be fine.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Maybe. Doesnt change the fact it was awful.
Day after Thanksgiving
+ No promotions
+ Less than ideal weather
+ Winning 1/4 of your home conference games
= Terrible student attendance.

I still can't believe Pollard didn't do SOMETHING to promote getting students in the seats.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Day after Thanksgiving
+ No promotions

I still can't believe Pollard didn't do SOMETHING to promote getting students in the seats.

Im not looking for excuses - those are obvious. But when the entire upper deck is empty on natl tv it doesnt bode well for us. 50000 other people found a way to make it...

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I wish they would have done a promo that no matter what college you to to you can show a college ID and get into the student section. I know many people that would have done that. I also think the weather kept some away (yes, I know it's not that bad, but still an impact since the last couple days were fantastic.)

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I wish they would have done a promo that no matter what college you to to you can show a college ID and get into the student section. I know many people that would have done that. I also think the weather kept some away (yes, I know it's not that bad, but still an impact since the last couple days were fantastic.)

Worst weather game I have been to since I started coming to games 7 years ago. That being said, still impressive turnout. I hope everyone ******** about attendance is still warming up their hands against the register like I am, or you have absolutely no room to talk.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Student turnout was PATHETIC. Worst I've seen in years.

A school of 50,000 students that all live within 20 miles of their dorms and they can't make it to Ames on their last Friday night of the only fall break they've had since August?!?!? Those ungrateful little ****ers! Seriously though, lighten the **** up on the students and put the blame on whoever planned Senior Day during a break. The student body doesn't live within easy driving distance to get in and out for a day. And if I'd been at school since August I'd sure as hell take all the time away that I could while it was afforded me.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
That's what happens when you schedule a game for the day after thanksgiving

Yup. Clearly we decided that the tv national exposure value was worth more, but you have to know when you put a game the day after thanksgiving, when it is going to be quite a challenge for many students to get back, many are going to be unable to get back and\or decide to take advantage of that national tv coverage.

I agree that Pollard shouldve had a promo like they had for OSU last year where pretty much anyone could get into the student section... and hillsides too for that matter. It seemed like there was very little promotion on this game.

Anyone complaining about the students needs to get real. The rest of the season they far outperformed the rest of the stadium in attendance and volume. Hell, TCU had no students there for freaking fall break. A WVU fan told me that most of their students checked out for last week's OU game. Students missing break games is something unavoidable and not unique to ISU.

Last edited:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Day after Thanksgiving
+ No promotions

I am completely shocked by that. I believed until the end that he would do something. That's how he rolls. But something never came. That's very strange to me.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
This is only me, but...drinking, college girls, and football or high school buddies. All I am saying is when I was a student and this type of thing came up we always made it. And back then we didnt even have a chance of winning. I guess i just wish there was some promotion. Ya know... wear red get a ticket for $5 or something...

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Im not looking for excuses - those are obvious. But when the entire upper deck is empty on natl tv it doesnt bode well for us. 50000 other people found a way to make it...

Huh? The upper deck was not empty. The student section of the upper deck was pretty bare when the game started, but it filled in. Maybe you are just talking about the upper deck of the student section.

I would have liked to have seen more, but we had a strong turnout in the student section, all things considered.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
All in all, attendance was still pretty damn good when you consider that just a couple years ago, with awful weather like we had today, we were likely going to have about 20k actual butts in seats. Especially with the awful home conference record we've had

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Need promotions to encourage the students to fill the seats? PATHETIC turnout. We will lose Rhoads due to lack of support such as this.

Help Support Us

Become a patron