How is Iowa State supposed to do this year?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

docholihawk

Oct 9, 2012
clear lake
I'm just a casual wrestling fan. I know last year was a rough year for ISU and I was just wondering if things are looking up for this year. I know the team was hurt by the recruiting losses when Cael Sanderson left, which is still hard for me to beleive, any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Much better dual meet team, not sure yet how good or bad of a tournament team we will be. The Iowa meet will be ugly, we match up very poorly against them.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I am not sure we can really blame the loss of those classes on our awful results if they happen this year. Last year it was a stretch to believe it and now, Jackson has had plenty of time to recruit top end talent and has either repeatedly gotten out recruited or hasn't even attempted to get top shelf talent and is relying on "diamond in the rough" when we are Iowa State and we shouldn't be out recruited by fricken UNI.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
We got two blue chips this year (Meeks and Moreno). McCauley still stings though. He was supposed to be a program changer.

Cyfan1843

Jun 30, 2009
Ames
What is the deal with McCauley? Is he just staying at the OTC for life? I really don't think UNI out recurited us, KJ also did a nice job of softening the schedule for us this year.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I am not sure we can really blame the loss of those classes on our awful results if they happen this year. Last year it was a stretch to believe it and now, Jackson has had plenty of time to recruit top end talent and has either repeatedly gotten out recruited or hasn't even attempted to get top shelf talent and is relying on "diamond in the rough" when we are Iowa State and we shouldn't be out recruited by fricken UNI.

The answer is we can't anymore and you nailed it.

The answer for the OP is that we look to be mediocre which is better than bad.

Alnacin

Aug 16, 2012
I'm just a casual wrestling fan. I know last year was a rough year for ISU and I was just wondering if things are looking up for this year. I know the team was hurt by the recruiting losses when Cael Sanderson left, which is still hard for me to beleive, any input would be appreciated, thanks.
After todays loss to Old Dominion, "NO".